Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Probationary officers fired

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    Wendell,

You almost described an event that happened in France not too long ago, and which received quite a bit of international viewing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl9Ag2o6KBw
    Depends on what the plan is. It looks more like a Leroy Jenkins ! Moment by the one guy. Leroy is lucky he didn’t catch some friendly fire.
    Last edited by HCM; 03-27-2019 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    I think this might be the one he is referring to;

Man Who Reportedly Took Bank Manager Hostage Was Carrying Pipe Bombs

Yes, that was the one, thank you.

Our first day of the academy, one of the guys from my department quit. He didn't like being yelled at and decided he wanted to be a teacher instead. My feeling was, better to figure that out now instead of on the street. Now I hear that some police academies in our state have stress cards, so the recruit can take a timeout if they feel the need to color or whatever. This kind of "training" leads to guys who run from gunfire instead of towards it. Maybe those two kids were looking for the coloring book and a little quiet time..

That looked to me like he had the suspect in sight, was returning fire, and stepped in to pull the hostage out. He looked pretty deliberate in his actions.

I hope the guy who was curled up in a ball by the window was off the team after this incident.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    I think this might be the one he is referring to;

Man Who Reportedly Took Bank Manager Hostage Was Carrying Pipe Bombs

I'm wondering if any of our LE members have any inside scoop into this video. We have a suspect with a hostage inside a glass-fronted strip mall store with a hostage. Having an entry team walk up to the front door is pretty much #1 on my list of How Not To Eat This Shit Sandwich. Given the robot deployment, etc, it doesn't look like this was an in extremis hasty deployment that they had to do right when they hopped off the truck, so I'm curious what the thinking was.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I'm wondering if any of our LE members have any inside scoop into this video. We have a suspect with a hostage inside a glass-fronted strip mall store with a hostage. Having an entry team walk up to the front door is pretty much #1 on my list of How Not To Eat This Shit Sandwich. Given the robot deployment, etc, it doesn't look like this was an in extremis hasty deployment that they had to do right when they hopped off the truck, so I'm curious what the thinking was.
    I don’t have any inside scoop but it looks like it was a hasty entry judging by the speed and gaps in the stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I don’t have any inside scoop but it looks like it was a hasty entry judging by the speed and gaps in the stack.
    That would make sense. I wonder if he gave an ultimatum or started a countdown or something and they just had to execute.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    That would make sense. I wonder if he gave an ultimatum or started a countdown or something and they just had to execute.
    Yes I think you’re right. No clue what it was but something spurred it.

User Tag List