Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Near miss of the worst kind

Near miss of the worst kind

There I was driving east down the highway when what do I see?
    A porta-shitter/trash trailer combination cruising down the west bound lanes at 70 mph. The "honey wagon" shit pumper truck that it was previously attached too was blissfully unaware and headed west without looking back.
    About 1/4 mile away and closing fast it swerves into the median and makes a beeline straight at me.
    Luckily the median is way overgrown and fairly sandy in that spot so it lost speed rapidly and came to a toilet shaking, trash flinging stop just before it made it into oncoming traffic (namely me).
    Not my zoo, not my porta-shitter so I kept on driving east and the honey wagon kept on going west until out of sight.

"How'd Jody die?"
    "Kilt by a rogue shitter."
    "Damn...."
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

That would be a crappy way to die.

I shit you not.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I gotta hook my dash cam up.
    The gauntlet I run every day out here in the busiest oilfield in the world can get nuts at times.

I've seen things man...
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

My 2 year old memory card died in the middle of a 3 hour trip last week....

I stopped at the next exit for Office Depot and got another.

There are too many what ifs on the road for me to roll without a camera

Death by/in a porta-jon is an awful thought.

During my time working in Iraq and Afghanistan my biggest fear was to be taking and dump and getting hit by indirect fire. I did not want the last moments of my life to been through the haze of blue goo and poo.

I still get a little itch if I have to use a porta-jon in the US.

My fear started in my second deployment when a Treasury guy I was working with got hit and killed by an 122 mm rocket while he was shaving. Later that month my favorite porta-jon got a direct hit with a 60 mm mortar (luckily no one was using it).

I know I’ve written here the story of the time I nearly died taking a shit while doing field work in west Texas.

I can honestly tell you, that when the last thought going through your head is, “Fuck, they’re gonna find me dead, with my pants around my ankles.” You really question every decision that brought you to that point.

Every - single - decision.

If you have fears about dying on the can, you can always resort to this product:

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I've seen things man...
    Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    My cousin wiped using a corn cob with rat poison on it, and it killed him.

User Tag List