Thread: Muscle Memory is Cool

Site Supporter

Muscle Memory is Cool

I've had an SCD on my G19.3 for well over a year and a half now. I didn't realize how ingrained it was as part of my AIWB safety until I was in my basement today engaging in a bit of not-quite-dry-dryfire-practice with my Umarex Glock 19 "clone". After a few cycles, I realized what I was putting my thumb over the rear plate without thinking about it. I also realized it was fairly pointless as a conscious movement since this gun didn't have an SCD and if I did manage to pull the trigger while holstering the gun, the damage to my meat department would be minimal, albeit memorable.

Still, I'm glad it's not a conscious thing on my part and that it just happens automatically.

So, when are we getting an SCD for airsoft guns?

Chris

Site Supporter
    I don't have any "official" (i.e., Umarex) airsoft Glocks. The ones I have are whatever asian company didn't care about Glock's look/appearance trademark and they don't have any parts in the slide that move rearward when the trigger is actuated. I know you are not likely serious, but it is something I've "seriously" looked into.

Can you post a photo of the underside of your Umarex slide for me?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I don't have any "official" (i.e., Umarex) airsoft Glocks. The ones I have are whatever asian company didn't care about Glock's look/appearance trademark and they don't have any parts in the slide that move rearward when the trigger is actuated. I know you are not likely serious, but it is something I've "seriously" looked into.

Can you post a photo of the underside of your Umarex slide for me?
    Yeah, I was joking about an SCD for this gun. While I believe in the concept, I think it's overkill in both price and functionality for an airsoft pistol.
    Believe it or not (remember that show?), this is the first time I've had the slide off the gun. It's certainly not like a regular Glock in that regard. There is a trigger bar that moves back, but I can't quite tell what it's pushing against (it's on the left side in these pics, not centered). I don't see how an SCD could be made for this platform.

Name:  IMG_20190307_131540200.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  56.6 KB

Name:  IMG_20190307_131517115.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  56.7 KB

Chris

User Tag List