Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Return of the blunderbuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    You'll shoot your foot off, kid.
    That's what the leg brace is for.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I would love to hang one off my thigh like Mad Max.
    If you can get this holster maker to offer the holster linked below for this gun, you may be able to do just that.

http://stellarrigs.com/Carbine_Pistol_Rigs.html

Site Supporter
    You will give new meaning to Tam's threat to the meat meme. Get one of the black powder Howdah pistols. It will do the job and fill the car with smoke, such that your opponent can't see you.

Don't you have to extend these guns out to the distance that a smaller, regular stocked long arm would? What's the point? If you keep it too tight to your face in the car - you will eat it. Don't ask me about PG shotguns.

Exciting the hotel clerk - I've wheeled past them with evil, and they don't look up from their phones.

Site Supporter
    I am well outside my lane on the subject of fighting with long guns in vehicles, but wouldn't the ability to easily swing it around be helpful even if it must then be extended to be safely used?

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I am well outside my lane on the subject of fighting with long guns in vehicles, but wouldn't the ability to easily swing it around be helpful even if it must then be extended to be safely used?
    Do you really want to fight from the driver's seat? I don't.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Again, I am outside my lane on this subject, but I would think that would depend on whether I have the chance to drive away, or whether the situation dictates getting to the best cover I can and fighting in place. I agree that fighting from the driver's seat is suboptimal, but if I have the chance to drive away, that is not something I want to give up.

Whatever, I like shorty shotties. I've shot a friend's Tac-14 several times and want to try a Tac-13 before I buy my own.

I've even shot another friend's original Witness Protection 870...he swears he's leaving that one to me.

Name:  WitPro.JPG
Views: 345
Size:  72.4 KB

And doesn't everybody kinda want one of those Andrew's Firepower rigs?

Name:  Andrews Firepower Rig.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  23.7 KB

No, but sometimes you don't get to pick the fight and how it starts. In my line of work, vehicular ambushes are often initiated by causing an accident or pinning a vehicle, so the possibility exists that you might be fighting from your seat due to an impinged door until you can bail-out from a functioning door after your team mates do. Yeah, there's a good chance you're going to get smoked fighting in place......but it's better than sitting there screaming, "BUT I DON'T FIGHT FROM THE SEAT!" and allow your entire team to get smoked because the fight didn't go the way you wanted.

In addition, hits are commonly performed by walking up in the blind-spot...not just firearms, but also the placement of limpet mines, so I want something I can easily use for engaging someone from a seat (and an M16 ain't fuckin it). Obviously, the specifics can be very dependent on what a person does for work. At my work, we practice fighting from the seat, in addition to bailouts, crossloads, driving from the passenger seat and other stuff. Grown men getting in and out of fully-armored Landcruisers is awkward enough with a Mk18.....with an M16, it'd be significantly more difficult.

Mission drives the gear train. Most of this stuff doesn't apply to a lot of people, and pretty much everything I hear about the Tac-14 et al rage is basically just a fantasy for pretty much everyone actually purchasing them.

While I don't think these shotguns deserve the admiration that the current fad is giving them, I'm also not going to the other end of the spectrum and claim that a full-length M16 is just fine. I think an SMG or Mk18 sized weapon is ideal. Brugger & Thomet MP9 or a SBR'd 300 Blackout would be fucking clutch.
    Last edited by TGS; 03-07-2019 at 05:48 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    my line of work
    is not civilian America. Given legal restraints on carrying Tac-14s or AR pistols immediately accessible it's all fantasy.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List