Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your home defense plan and tactics?

Delete - no value added.

Apologies.
    Last edited by RJ; 03-06-2019 at 08:10 PM.

Site Supporter
    Bees. My home defense plan is bees.

Site Supporter

Your home defense plan and tactics?

Like so many other things, it depends.

Am I investigating a weird noise or do I already have confirmation that something bad is happening?

Where are my family members relative to whatever is happening?

I agree with Rex G’s point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 03-06-2019 at 08:52 PM.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Your firearms are useless against them.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    As tempting as it is to join the shenanigans, and trust me I really want to and I'd entertain at least myself, let's remember this is a technical sub-forum.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    As tempting as it is to join the shenanigans, and trust me I really want to and I'd entertain at least myself, let's remember this is a technical sub-forum.
    Clearly this thread was doomed early on. I'd suggest transferring it to genpop.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Call police. If door kicked in. Call police and ambulance for intruder.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Actually, up to a few years ago, bees really were part of the external security plan. Pretty much everything knows what bees are and recognizes beehives. Or quickly learns to. A couple of ‘Bee Crossing” signs plus a hive or 3 really cut down on the cross-traffic through the area of denial on one side of the house. A beehive positioned under a bedroom window will definitely dampen enthusiasm for attacking that access point.

It has dawned on me more than once that, in extremis, I head for the hives and pop off a top or even kick one over. I’m a beekeeper and I can deal with it (techniques + a built up tolerance) if I have to. I doubt there is a goblin on the planet prepared to deal with annoyed bees. And bees at night - well, don’t mess with bees at night - it’s a bad, bad idea.
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 03-06-2019 at 11:22 PM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    I padlock a chain with a grenade to my neck just in case things go too far south during the night.

Randall Tex Cobb is amazing. I always enjoyed his movie and talk show appearances. I recently googled him and I found out that he went back to college and got a degree and graduated manga cum laude, which indicates that he had at least a 3.8 grade point average: "In January 2008, at age 57, Cobb graduated magna cum laude from Temple University with a bachelor's degree in sport and recreation management. He remarked that it was odd to hear the cheers of a packed arena without being in a boxing ring. "It was nice to have that opportunity to wear a robe, to step up there and not have to worry about bleeding", Cobb said."

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Actually, up to a few years ago, bees really were part of the external security plan. Pretty much everything knows what bees are and recognizes beehives. Or quickly learns to. A couple of ‘Bee Crossing” signs plus a hive or 3 really cut down on the cross-traffic through the area of denial on one side of the house. A beehive positioned under a bedroom window will definitely dampen enthusiasm for attacking that access point.

It has dawned on me more than once that, in extremis, I head for the hives and pop off a top or even kick one over. I’m a beekeeper and I can deal with it (techniques + a built up tolerance) if I have to. I doubt there is a goblin on the planet prepared to deal with annoyed bees. And bees at night - well, don’t mess with bees at night - it’s a bad, bad idea.
    Damn. That’s actually a better idea than a barking dog, in some respects.

It would never work for me as a defensive plan, because I am allergic to bees. But that’s a pretty damn good idea and it would damn sure keep me out.

Maybe in lieu of bees, I can get a few skunks.

I’m seriously filing this one away for further thoughts and info.

My home defense plan is to not need one. But otherwise, identify, engage, call for help.

User Tag List