Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Security Six

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    I have 2 of these one .357 and the other. 38 with a bobbed hammer. I like them, I have heard that they were postal guns but don't know what for sure.
    I had a a stainless speed six in .38. It was a great gun and on the regret list.

Site Supporter
    Found another security six for $400. I kind of want it. Lol

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Security Six

^^^^^^^ Go for it!

That’s what I paid for this one.

Last edited by Stephanie B; 03-29-2019 at 07:02 AM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    ^^^^^^^ Go for it!

That’s what I paid for this one.

It looks a lot like that. Can’t really tell from your pic, but the one I’m looking at has more blueing gone.

After collecting dust for the last 30+ years I took my SS to the range yesterday. Man was that fun. Shot about 100rds of 38 and 357.

Some observations:

Most of the ammo was between 30 - 20 years old, over the years stored outside and inside (temp extremes between -20F to 100), with the exception of one rd it all fired. The one round that didn't fire initially fired on the second attempt.

The 357 loads definitely got my attention, the gun has a large Pachmayr grip, shooting with the original grips would have been unpleasant.

I needed to get a lot more trigger finger wrapped around the trigger to execute a smoother pull.

My current holster is OWB. I'd need to do some thinking to figure out how to CC it, for now its a range or woods gun.

One thing that was disappointing is the iron sights are a lot fuzzier and out of focus than when I originally bought the gun, weird

I'm glad I never sold it, that was the most fun I've at the range in the last year. Thanks to OP and everyone that contributed to this thread!

An inexpensive and effective front sight fix is to apply a base coat of white on the front sight face, and, when it's dry, apply a coat of Testor's (or similar) fluorescent/neon orange paint.

I had Blade-Tech make a kydex IWB for my Security Six years ago-it's quite effective and comfortable, but I'm not sure if they're still available. Privateer Leather would be another holster recommendation.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Checked this security six out. It’s in better condition than the one I bought.

No rust but it has more of a cylinde ring.

157 serial number, wood original grips.

I have an old Winchester 1897 that’s refinished and lost its value and a so so condition 1100 I could probably trade even for it.

I have zero use for these shotguns. Is it a terrible trade?
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 04-01-2019 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Checked this security six out. It’s in better condition than the one I bought.

No rust but it has more of a cylinde ring.

157 serial number, wood original grips.

I have an old Winchester 1897 that’s refinished and lost its value and a so so condition 1100 I could probably trade even for it.

I have zero use for these shotguns. Is it a terrible trade?
    I'd do it. You take reasonable care of that Security Six, you'll never wear it out. Worst case it breaks, Ruger can't fix it, they will make you a hell of a deal on a GP100.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I'd do it. You take reasonable care of that Security Six, you'll never wear it out. Worst case it breaks, Ruger can't fix it, they will make you a hell of a deal on a GP100.
    It’s done. I blame all of YOU in this thread and the forum in general. :P

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    It’s done. I blame all of YOU in this thread and the forum in general. :P
    Our work here is done, Ghostrider.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List