Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Security Six

Fwiw I've found .357 golden sabers to shoot to the same poi as my 158 grain reloads.

Site Supporter
    Shot about 40 rounds today of 130 grain FMJ.

Wow was it easy to put rounds where I wanted them to go. Beyond easy to shoot well.

Hope to try some other rounds out soon.

Id pick a Ruger ( Six Series ) over anything that Ruger puts out at this time..

Site Supporter
    I'm happy to hear that you are enjoying the Ruger. Are you reloading for it?

Site Supporter
    I don’t reload, but I plan to shoot more tomorrow.

Took it apart tonight, very clean inside. Very little wear that I could tell. There is some rust on it in some places, including under the extractor star. What’s the best way to remove this?

Loaded up with some low recoil .38s, this might be a good house gun for my older parents. Even my mother was able to pull the trigger with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    There is some rust on it in some places, including under the extractor star. What’s the best way to remove this?
    Steel wool and oil, followed by a very light polishing with 600 grit sandpaper.

Site Supporter
    Shot some 158 grain hps today. Not too bad and still easy to stay on target. Fun gun to shoot.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Steel wool and oil, followed by a very light polishing with 600 grit sandpaper.
    This stuff will take off rust freckles without hurting bluing, unless you are a clod about convex edges. Can't do anything about the pits, unfortunately.

http://www.big45metalcleaner.com/
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    This stuff will take off rust freckles without hurting bluing, unless you are a clod about convex edges. Can't do anything about the pits, unfortunately.

http://www.big45metalcleaner.com/

Thank you, plan on ordering some tonight.

Regarding the pitting, should it concern me? It was very minimal on the edge of the cylinder.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Regarding the pitting, should it concern me? It was very minimal on the edge of the cylinder.
    I say it should not be an issue in any way, but maybe post a picture. Now that I think about it, this thread needs some pics...

User Tag List