Thread: Shooting better one handed ....sigh

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand

Shooting better one handed ....sigh

I found this weekend I was doing better, accuracy wise, on one handed shooting versus two (weak or strong). I infer I知 effing something up with my weak hand when shooting two handed. Gotta figure that out and fix it. I feel like I知 trying too hard to crush grip with my weak hand, and somehow steering the weapon. I知 going to try relaxing a little and work on dry fire some more. Still, I知 very open to suggestions.

Trying up work on Stoeger痴 books and hopefully I can find some training soon as well, as referenced in my other thread.

Been there. Throw on a laser, or boresighter and "see" where the trouble is. Internet diagnosis can be spotty at best. Spend time actually seeing what different grip pressures, tensions, trigger pulls etc. actually do with you behind the gun. A $17 boresighter has done magical things for me in measured performance increases.
    Last edited by CCT125US; 03-04-2019 at 04:52 PM.
    Taking a break from social media.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Was considering mantis x or similar...so...if an inexpensive boresighter can help I値l all for it. Thank you for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Been there. Throw on a laser, or boresighter and "see" where the trouble is. Internet diagnosis can be spotty at best. Spend time actually seeing what different grip pressures, tensions, trigger pulls etc. actually do with you behind the gun. A $17 boresighter has done magical things for me in measured performance increases.

Here is where I previously discussed it:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-SWYNTS-DWYNTD

Can't speak to the Mantis X, but being able to see your trigger press, and the entire draw stroke was very helpful. There is that disconnect between what we think we are doing and reality. Watching the dot bounce all over the B8 bull at 18 yards in the basement, helped with trigger control. Finishing flat, and isoleting reset helped with speed. Eliminating wasted movement when the hands meet, helped with consistency to first shot. I would suggest the boresight over a rail mount, as you can use your own holster.
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    The Mantis is a pretty useful device IMHO. Especially for working on straight up accuracy. I have one that I use from time to time and thought it was worth the investment. It has a number of very interesting features that track the movement of the firearm up to the point of the shot breaking and can provide some insight into what happened that threw the shot off.

In the interest of disclosure, Austin, the dude who makes them, lived near me at the time I bought it. We talked some before I bought it and he gave me a discount on it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

User Tag List