Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dots, "way of the dinosaur"

Wasn't the SAS guy that yeeted all those terrorists in Kenya recently using a Sig Romeo 4T?

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Wasn't the SAS guy that yeeted all those terrorists in Kenya recently using a Sig Romeo 4T?
    Online forums suggest it was indeed a Sig ROMEO.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Pretty sure they were the 4Ts. Solar panel atop the optic and IIRC that’s the model they mentioned. I’m definitely not a Sig anything fanboy so I could be wrong. Honestly, I was surprised it wasn’t an Aimpoint.

As to the training, I saw where a couple other PF members had attended the class last year and I reached out to them about how to locate the training. Simply call the office and ask...I then reached out to Charlotte and started the conversation. Took about a year due to logistics and calendar issues but I got it and was able to host it through the local community college (I’m a part-time Range Master there...we have a 400 yard Rifle range, pistol range, and a new shoot house). Good training and worth the wait.
    The solar panel is definitely the 4T.

Many former EoTech users prefer the SIGs over the H2 for the circle dot reticle option. Outside a few issues with the SIG mounts the 4Ms have worked well the past two years.
    Last edited by HCM; 03-10-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    True although CBP has an optics contract with the 4M (and now the 4T) at the prices I mentioned.

The 4M is now down to $225-is through places like Optics Planet.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    What happened to the Aimpoint Pros CBP was buying ?

Re: the current 4Ms, they were unavailable for a while then first one I bought from Primary Arms was in the white gov contract packaging and marked “designed in Oregon Assembled in USA.” The subsequent ones have come in gray commercial packaging and are marked as being made in China. Maybe this accounts for the price difference ?
    Last edited by HCM; 03-10-2019 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    What happened to the Aimpoint Pros CBP was buying ?
    Nothing. We're still buying them. But we also have the option of the 4T, the MRO and the T2 as well as the Nightforce ATACR, the Leupold 1.25-4 Patrol and a couple higher powered scopes. The Trijicon 1-6 VCOG is also on contract.

Many former EoTech users prefer the SIGs over the H2 for the circle dot reticle option. Outside a few issues with the SIG mounts the 4Ms have worked well the past two years.
    When I took the FBI Patrol Rifle class, the instructor had a Sig optic. He advised the same thing, the vast majority of agents loved the reticle options with the Sig over the Aimpoints.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Hopefully this link works.

https://www.facebook.com/TriggerTime...0516800952871/

the current 4Ms, they were unavailable for a while then first one I bought from Primary Arms was in the white gov contract packaging and marked “designed in Oregon Assembled in USA.” The subsequent ones have come in gray commercial packaging and are marked as being made in China. Maybe this accounts for the price difference ?

Here's the outer packaging for the 4Ms coming in the small white boxes.

Not that I necessarily care that these are imported and I don't think anyone is shocked given the price. Still, it seems rather shady not to disclose country of original on the optic and/or individual package.

Reviewer of the Tools
    When I first saw Kyle's video I immediately told myself I was going to convert all my rifles to LPVO.

But then I started thinking about what I ACTUALLY do with my rifle and realized that a LPVO really won't solve all the world's problems for me. I use a SBR for clearing residential and commercial structures and in a team environment. A quality red dot really is the best overall option for me currently. However I am realizing more and more how useful a tall (1.93") mount would work for me.

I am going to Kyle's 2 day carbine in May. I would really like to be able to bring a rifle with a LPVO to experiment and learn with. I'm not sure I'll be able to swing it financially though.

Speaking of Romeo 4's. Looks like the Minnesota State Patrol is going with the Sig Romeo 4 but not the M or T variants. They're going with the 4H.

https://www.sigsauer.com/press-relea...romeo4h-optic/
    Last edited by Old Man Winter; 03-18-2019 at 10:25 PM.

User Tag List