Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dots, "way of the dinosaur"

The new Vortex C.O.B.R.A., the world's first voice activated optic, is the final nail in the RDS coffin-

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw3ESuZkCig
    Last edited by MistWolf; 04-01-2019 at 10:56 AM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Way of the dinosaur? I'll say, I haven't used my RD equipped carbine in quite a while and it's an Aimpoint Pro with 3x magnifier. The dot once clear and defined is now a shape changing red something, depending on what my eyes are feeling like that day or moment. Instead I'm loving my traditional front sight block with KNS pin head post and Daniel Defense A1 rear. If I can see it within 300m I can hit it. Practical and usable for me. My eyes aren't what they used to be but my general health is very good and IMO this is more important than what equipment I can afford to use.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Name:  IMG_20190413_210643.jpg
Views: 3184
Size:  51.1 KB

So this happened.... A direct result of this thread and also my desire to explore using LPVO. A new Razor HD with a Geissele 1.93" mount. Will live on 14.5" Colt SOCOM gun. Highly influenced by @Wake27 rifle.

Can't say enough good things about dealing with the guys at @CS Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post

So this happened.... A direct result of this thread and also my desire to explore using LPVO. A new Razor HD with a Geissele 1.93" mount. Will live on 14.5" Colt SOCOM gun. Highly influenced by @Wake27 rifle.

Nice, I'd be shocked if you didn't love it. I just signed up for JDC's LVPO class. I know the 1.93" works great for close stuff, we'll see if it lives up to the hype about it being annoying for several hours in the prone at distance.

Very nice and perfect timing with the Defoor class next month.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar

I'm glad we could be of help
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Asking from ignorance, but is daytime bright illumination necessary with an etched reticle?

https://www.crimsontrace.com/product...copes/01-00120

I'm wondering if these will pan out. It sure checks a lot of boxes.

I know they were just introduced, but one of thing the CT guys said in a video interview with Tom Gresham was that, based on their current reputation in the industry, they needed the optic/RDS line to keep up that standard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMENN3TOKqM
    I am interested.

The price is right, but we will see.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Nice timing Eotech. I was looking heavily at the Vudu but I ended up with a Trijicon 1-8 since the Vudu didn’t have a 1-8 at that time. The Trijicon is nice, but it’s a chonker for sure.

Quick question,

I'm strongly considering an LPVO for my 14.5" AR. As far as BUIS go, is it possible to still run flip up irons mounted in the traditional 12 o'clock position on the rail with an LPVO? Or are offset irons mandatory?

I currently have KAC Micro flip ups, and was considering going with a 1.93 mount for a Kahles K16i 1- 6x. In the event that the optic crapped out, would the KAC BUIS still be usable? Or would it not be possible to see the sights with the optic still in place.

Thanks

User Tag List