Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good quality ratchet straps?

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    Is there a reason that you can attach the straps to the rear of the trailer? That should give you enough room.
    Nothing really back there to latch onto with that flat hook.

You can crisscross the straps, the only problem is that if one works itself loose, both straps are coming loose.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

crisscrossing the tire straps is going to be challenging under the golf cart and around the axles, etc. I think those straps are just going to have to get benched and chalked up to a $100 mistake.

I'm going to order these now
    http://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/pr...ie-down-straps

I'm also thinking of just getting some ramps and loading the damn thing in the bed of the truck. The lack of tie-down locations in the trailer is becoming a sticking point, and adding more to it appears to be a major pain in the ass.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    As I mentioned earlier, macs makes good stuff that lasts and I think you’ll be happy.

Don’t forget to trim length you don’t need, if you ordered them long.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    How about just bolting some D rings to the deck? Flange head bolts and nuts with fender washers backing them up. Go through frame if that looks like a good idea.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    How about just bolting some D rings to the deck? Flange head bolts and nuts with fender washers backing them up. Go through frame if that looks like a good idea.
    The construction of this trailer, being all-aluminum, makes that quite a bit more involved than it would be if the deck was just wood. You have to put a backing plate of flat steel behind it due to the ribs.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'm also thinking of just getting some ramps and loading the damn thing in the bed of the truck.
    I have decided to do this with my snowmobiles and so far I am glad I did. There are a lot of folding ramp options, I would urge you to do that instead of two ramps. It makes a much more stable situation and the security strap works well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I have decided to do this with my snowmobiles and so far I am glad I did. There are a lot of folding ramp options, I would urge you to do that instead of two ramps. It makes a much more stable situation and the security strap works well.
    what ramp is that you're using?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    what ramp is that you're using?
    It is this one:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    This is a hell of a ramp, but with the sled there a few extra considerations that you might not need. The skis have a sharp carbide runner that cuts the shit out of everything and also tends to grab onto anything, consequently they need to slide on something slippery. I bought this ramp because they came up with a design for the slippery parts that also have some teeth on them so you can walk up them without falling on your ass, but the main feature is it is universal and you can also drive a ATV (or golf cart...) up them. It is also heavy duty enough (1500 pound capacity?) that it would be strong enough for a UTV if that was ever an option (but the tailgate would not be...).

Another feature that is nice is the strap is a ratchet strap that also contains the excess strap and is spring loaded, and is captive.

Here is a YT that shows some detail, Louie is kinda fun to listen to:
    https://youtu.be/ooJMQIXqIbk

Also, with your cart the ramp would slide right up under between the wheels.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 04-24-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Thanks!

I’m leaning towards this guy. I figure I have about 50” from outside of tire to outside of tire and this will give me a little tiny cushion.
    https://www.amazon.com/Black-Widow-S.../dp/B008EMSLDE

User Tag List