Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sights lifting up and right to 1 o'clock

My sights (P2000) track to 11:00, correctable with my support hand grip and perhaps rotating my support arm (left) up a bit. The interesting thing is that during a training session with an instructor he handed me a random hand gun (Ruger I believe) that he had been demo'ing with and it tracked at exactly 12:00 - go figure. I didn't rush out and buy a Ruger, but looking for a sub-compact carry I bought a P30SK which has more grip options that I can play around with. My 9mm 1911 competition gun tracks to 12, but almost no recoil with the sub-PF ammo we can use in steel challenge.

I wish I were 40 or 50 or 60 years' old again, but at my age I better be watching the sights and managing them back on target since I don't have the gorilla grip of a youngster.

I find that if my grip isn’t solid, my sights will tend to track somewhere other than 12:00. If I really focus on locking my wrists and getting good support hand pressure, they tend to just bounce up to 12:00 and immediately back down. The lighter the weight of the gun, the more I have to muscle it to keep the recoil from tracking right or left.

User Tag List