Thread: Shooting the Bull / Ammo Quest

Shooting the Bull / Ammo Quest

Looks like he's coming back after two years away.

I'll let him tell the story:

https://youtu.be/EXWqn5a7P4E

Am quite interested to see his future tests.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I cannot believe 3 ppl already hit the thumbs down button on his video. WTF is wrong with ppl? Are they giving thumbs down because he and his wife are alive?

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    I cannot believe 3 ppl already hit the thumbs down button on his video. WTF is wrong with ppl? Are they giving thumbs down because he and his wife are alive?
    Hard to say why, but it is sad commentary indeed that some people elect to act that way. It is only 3 out of 1,300; not worth giving them any occupancy in our heads.

Besides being a good friend, STB is a good guy; spoke with him just yesterday and he and Mrs. STB are hanging in there. He is in my prayers to be sure.

STB is one of the very few using a valid test medium (10% ordnance gelatin) and he takes the time to not only make sure that he is following correct procedure, but also to run multiple test rounds to get a good representation of what each type of ammunition is capable of―usually firing 5 rounds into bare and IWBA 4LD gelatin for a total of 10 rounds―instead of just one round as seems to be typical for others these days.

Not going to ''spoil'' what he has planned, but I am sure that what he has planned is not going to disappoint.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

New AmmoQuest video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_LFFqHR62TE

Spoiler: Micro HST 150 comes up a little short

Nice to see TNoutdoors9 back too: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X37WjVV-IOI

Quote Originally Posted by TNoutdoors9
    MARCH 17, 2019: Apologies for the long read, but this should take less than a minute to consume. Additional updates will be posted on Instagram, which I reactivated in November 2018.

I really appreciate those of you who touched base and supported the channel while it was in deep semi-retirement mode. Some of you have been around since 2009, while newcomers signed on to a channel that was morbidly inactive and floating listlessly in the murky backwaters of the Internet.

Not much has changed during the 2016-2019 hiatus with regard to priorities, family, business travel demands, time allocation, YouTube ad financing, etc. However, this mid-life crisis project is a creative outlet for my hobbies. I hope to engage here until YouTube fully demonetizes the channel, removes it permanently due to their “moving goalpost” of community guidelines….or the project simply becomes too time-consuming for one person to maintain. A blatant example of YouTube's bias against this genre......the video was demonetized before it could even go public. For the foreseeable future, new videos will appear on an infrequent basis and with no sense of priority or urgency.

Nearly 10 years of analytics reflecting what viewers have made most popular (9mm reviews, rifles, 22LR, shotguns, possibly some POV, etc.) is the focus of what will be posted moving forward. Your requests are considered a form of trend analysis, but please be realistic with regard to my capabilities and limitations.

I appreciate the offers for Patreon support, but at the moment I’m hesitant to go with crowdfunding. Viewer donations place me in a position of feeling obligated to provide content on a more consistent and timely basis, and that just isn’t feasible.....but I'll be open-minded on the topic. As for support, I am pleased to announce that gel blocks will be provided by Clear Ballistics, so please show them some gratitude for their contribution. All other resources including ammo, supplies, camera equipment, etc. are purchased out of pocket.

Thank you again for your support, and your understanding.

TNOUTDOORS9
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 04-08-2019 at 02:19 AM.

I'm glad STB is back and that he and the wife are doing ok. I enjoy his videos and look forward to new ones.

User Tag List