Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To fire it or not

To shoot it or not to shoot it

Thanks to the folks on this forum who made me aware of an amazing auction of a collection of gun: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-Woodlawn-Boys

Bottom line, I bought a S&W model 28-2 that seems to be unfired and in perfect condition. It came with a letter of authenticity is marked for the NY State Police, and came from the collection of a noted S&W collector.

It is set up exactly like I want. It has a great trigger pull, a smooth faced trigger, and a red ramp front sight with a white outline rear. It is in perfect condition and appears to be unfired.
    I don't feel like spending money to buy another model 28 that is similar to it, only to have one gun sit in a safe in space that I don't have. So I want to shoot the gun. What are some thoughts on this?

Below are some pictures:
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Ed L; 03-03-2019 at 12:23 AM.

I'm not one to own something I'm not going to get use or enjoyment out of. That said, if it were mine I'd have a hard time bringing myself to shoot it. I'd probably end up selling it to a collector and buying a shooter.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

If I had it I would shoot it, carry it in the woods, get it rained on, and draw it from the holster enough times to wear a good bit of the finish off.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

What a beauty!

It is a tool that is meant to be used....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter
    My 6” 28-2 is a shooter. It has some wear and light freckles. I don’t feel like I’m reducing its value when it shoot it. I thought about bidding on a couple of those guns, and that was one. I don’t know if I could shoot it. But I would keep it and enjoy it, either way.

"No sir, I won't be having sex with your daughter after we're married. I'm saving her for her next husband!" sounds equally moronic. Shoot the damn gun!
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Every manufactured item is "a tool meant to be used". However, one would be an idiot to use some "tools" due to their extreme rarity and exorbitant present value. Luckily your Model 28 isn't one of them.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 03-03-2019 at 08:02 AM.

Shoot it. Sounds like you have already cycled the action so it is used.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    This conundrum is why I don't buy nice things.

Very nice revolver, though, enjoy owning it regardless of what you decide.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List