Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What firearm is in your vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    Thanks, Blues, they look top notch; just not available for my make. Clearly your suggested product is superior (and preferred) but in your professional experience, is a cheap gunvault (or similar) with cable likely enough of a deterrent for most scenarios, e.g. smash and grabs, etc?

What are other folks using in similar circumstances? I'm in an Audi All-Road Wagon not an SUV or Pick-Up, so my fantasy TruckVault isn't an option, and frankly, that option fails for me on the discreet factor.

Best,

Hieronymous
    I don't have any other experience to share, in all honesty. This is the first (console) gun vault I've owned. Back in my LEO days my handgun was on my person, (as it is now), and long guns secured in the trunk unless on an op.

There are plenty of folks here who should be able to share their experiences, though.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I strive to have my firearms in only one of three possible places at any given point in time (when fully assembled and in firing condition): in a locked safe, in my holster, or in my hand.

On me (in a holster), in a locked box (NPEs), or in the trunk/behind the seats (only to/from the range or dealer).

There’s a part of me every so often that thinks it would be really neat to have a truck gun (probably an AR pistol hard-mounted in a cruiser lock or something).

And then I come back to “evidence!” and “anything I could use the rifle, I’m better off just driving away”.

I’d really like a hard console box or something but they don’t generally make them for family-hauler crossovers or short-cab pickups
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

To be thorough, I will add that I recently added a Daniel Defense DDM4V7 pistol, with LAW folder and brace, to make it easier to have a loaded “long-ish” firearm inside the vehicle when traveling to/through valley-of-shadow-of-death places, some of which limit the legality of transporting loaded rifles and shotguns inside vehicles, but where I can legally travel with a loaded handgun inside the vehicle. Of course, the compactness, when folded, facilitates discreet carry of the weapon when moving on foot, to/from the truck.

This weapon is still in its test/evaluation period, so is not something I yet count among my serious weapons, but as transportation via pickup/RV was a significant part of the equation, when buying the weapon, it is, somewhat, a “truck gun.”
    Last edited by Rex G; 03-05-2019 at 10:01 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Having lived through the LA riots (directly, as in spent 6 hours getting home on the 405 whereupon my SAAB was totaled by a panicked van driver), with nothing more at my disposal than a baseball bat, you can rest assured that I would never find myself in a similar predicament.

But I don't ever leave anything in my car.

User Tag List