Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 15rd flush fit steel mags for G48/G43X

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    That video looks janky as hell. Might he my phone, but it looks really off. Check out the muzzle blast, audio shot break vs trigger finger position....
    It's probably just because it's filmed with a phone. If it was April 1st or something I'd maybe think they were doing something hinky, but the case ejection paths track differently, and overall it doesn't seem like a subject worthy of making a trick video.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    This is a bad idea with the oem mag catch. Does anyone make an aftermarket steel mag catch for these yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    It'll be interesting to see the long term effect of using metal magazines with polymer magazine release buttons. IIRC, that's the primary reason why no one ever developed aftermarket metal mags for other GLOCK models...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    If they can build an entire mag tube/follower/spring that works properly, it should be easy enough to cnc a new alum. mag catch. Sell kits with two mags and a mag catch. Its a very simple part.
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    There used to be some aftermarket metal ones back in the nineties
    http://www.arotek.com/default.aspx?p...uctView&Part=8
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Someone did post it from another forum, but someone on this forum must own a G48 and a 92FS magazine to confirm.

MBX makes 2011 mags that run. I bet they could do the same with the G48.

Well its official - CZ75 compact mags can be modified to fit and run in the G48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPWG...ature=youtu.be

And the arfcom thread where the guys are doing the experimenting:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns...187683/&page=4

At this point, its only a matter of time before we start seeing real double stack mags for the 48.

TANSTAAFL
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    TANSTAAFL
    Lunch isn't free; it's usually full MSRP, or something to that effect.

But, I'd happily pay $40 for a Mecgar 13-15rd G48 mag, which now seems entirely possible to produce.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    There used to be some aftermarket metal ones back in the nineties
    Yep, there was/are. I had two metal 14 (?) round G22 mags back in early '99. They came with the G22 I bought but I never used them for the metal-on-polymer reasoning. That and once I scored a new-in-packaging FML preban G22 mag for the low (seriously) price of $125 I was happy as I then had one FML and one NFML "high cap". In my area in 1999 $150 was the going rate for FML prebans.

Anyway, there were aftermarket metal Glock mags.

Hopefully this paves the way for more metal mag experiments with the Glock.

I'm hoping that metal mags would allow enough COL to fit .38 Super / 9X23 / .22 TCM into a Glock small frame. A 9x23/.22 TCM Glock 34 MOS would be pretty sweet

Of course, a "Glock 49" G17 size/ G48 thin pistol that took CZ75 mags would also be quite welcome.

One of my favorite things about gun people is how we use magazine-capacity limits and other proposed restrictions to make better, smaller, more effective, more powerful weapons.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List