Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 15rd flush fit steel mags for G48/G43X

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    If they can build an entire mag tube/follower/spring that works properly, it should be easy enough to cnc a new alum. mag catch.
    Pretty much this. How much could a metal mag catch cost? If it adds %50 to the capacity in a flush mag I'd be willing to spend probably more than it would sell for.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Yeah for 15 vs 10, I'd be happy to replace polymer mag releases every few range sessions.

Realistically, while wear is likely to be accelerated, I'd imagine the polymer mag release would last quite some time.

I've had a training airsoft Glock 17, which has a cheap plastic mag catch, and all steel / chinesium metal magazine, for the last 10 years. Hundreds of mag changes later, its still holding up fine.

That said, there's plenty of steel and aluminum aftermarket Glock mag releases on the market:

https://www.gungoddess.com/products/magazine-release
    Last edited by spyderco monkey; 03-02-2019 at 10:07 PM.

This is a game changer. If these mags can be as reliable as factory, people will offer metal mag catches if needed.

Definitely interesting. But, the Glocks seems somewhat like the AK in that much of it's super reliability is a function of the magazine. And we have all seen plenty of aftermarket mags that just won't run. Again, watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Definitely interesting. But, the Glocks seems somewhat like the AK in that much of it's super reliability is a function of the magazine. And we have all seen plenty of aftermarket mags that just won't run. Again, watching...
    That was my initial thought as well. However, seeing a 92FS mag can fit in the mag well, and we know that magazine works well, seems no special Voodoo will be needed to accomplish this.

Agree that the OEM mags are pretty much rock solid, but it’s still something to keep an eye on.

If a metal mag fits, anyone checked function with existing metal mags? Similar to the P226 mags function flawlessly in the Taurus G2C (bad example for this forum, i am aware) Maybe not for a flush fit, but as back up mags...

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    It'll be interesting to see the long term effect of using metal magazines with polymer magazine release buttons. IIRC, that's the primary reason why no one ever developed aftermarket metal mags for other GLOCK models...
    Back in the '90's before the Clinton assault weapons ban expired one of the only reasonably priced "high capacity" magazine options for the Glocks were steel.
    Magazine catches didn't last long at all and if you replaced them with a steel mag catch the factory magazines got chewed up quickly.
    Last edited by JodyH; 03-03-2019 at 10:37 AM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    The aftermarket plastic mags suck.

Single stack 9s have a nosedive malfunction built-in. If a doublestack mag will fit in the magwell, it won't be difficult to make it better than an OE Glock mag.

That video looks janky as hell. Might he my phone, but it looks really off. Check out the muzzle blast, audio shot break vs trigger finger position....
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List