Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 15rd flush fit steel mags for G48/G43X

Cool 15rd flush fit steel mags for G48/G43X

Well, it seems that the G48/G43X magwell is wide enough to fit a doublestack steel magazine. And a company is capitalizing on this by releasing a flush fit 15rd steel mag for the G48/43X:

https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-15-round-mag

And video of it in action:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BuhO76RnWsu/

And here's a photo from arfcom, demonstrating a 18rd beretta mag in the G48, showing how a double stack steel mag will fit:

Overall, this seems like a really "have your cake and eat it too" development. The capacity of a G19, with the slim easy to carry G48 platform.
    Last edited by spyderco monkey; 03-02-2019 at 08:12 PM.

I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on this as these mags become available. I can’t wait to see the results of some long term testing and use reported.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I am on the waiting list.

This is a bad idea with the oem mag catch. Does anyone make an aftermarket steel mag catch for these yet?
    Last edited by Gio; 03-02-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    This is a bad idea with the oem mag catch.
    You may have a point there.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

My desire for a 43x went up a little. I still don't see myself getting one but I'm paying more attention to see how this shakes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

It'll be interesting to see the long term effect of using metal magazines with polymer magazine release buttons. IIRC, that's the primary reason why no one ever developed aftermarket metal mags for other GLOCK models...

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    It'll be interesting to see the long term effect of using metal magazines with polymer magazine release buttons. IIRC, that's the primary reason why no one ever developed aftermarket metal mags for other GLOCK models...
    For a very long time my P14-45 was my only gun. To save money Para used polymer for the mag catch. Mags were steel and I’ve not had any issues since the early 90’s. I wish I kept round counts back then but I couldn’t even guess what it was.

And regarding the 43x/48 you can do most of your drills and practice with plastic 10rd mags. Verify the 15rd metal mags work and just use them for carry.

If they can build an entire mag tube/follower/spring that works properly, it should be easy enough to cnc a new alum. mag catch. Sell kits with two mags and a mag catch. Its a very simple part.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    There used to be some aftermarket metal ones back in the nineties

User Tag List