Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 15rd flush fit steel mags for G48/G43X

15rd flush fit steel mags for G48/G43X

How much wear are we talking about on a plastic mag release? A few hundred rounds/mag insertions or replace every 3-5k like a recoil spring?

*edit either way I’m in for 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by richiecotite; 06-28-2019 at 04:43 PM.
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    How much wear are we talking about on a plastic mag release? A few hundred rounds/mag insertions or replace every 3-5k like a recoil spring?

*edit either way I’m in for 2

Just spit balling here, but one suspects an issue is that a metal mag catch, bearing on a plastic release, designed for a plastic mag, might stress fracture and or give way at an unpredictable time and without advance notice.

Which would be kinda awkward.

But I’m no expert; be interested in what our more experienced members (which is most all of y’all) think about this.

Site Supporter
    Any update/gossip about the 15 round metal magazines? I'm itching for a new gun and a G48/G43X with 15 rounds may be the scratcher.
    --Jason--

All of this seems to indicate that Glocks are all wider than they need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Just spit balling here, but one suspects an issue is that a metal mag catch, bearing on a plastic release, designed for a plastic mag, might stress fracture and or give way at an unpredictable time and without advance notice.

Which would be kinda awkward.

But I’m no expert; be interested in what our more experienced members (which is most all of y’all) think about this.

If in doubt, all the company has to do is also make a steel mag catch. Total cost to produce would be negligible. That being said, lots of companies make aluminum mag catches that don’t seem to be wearing out polymer magazines [emoji2369]

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Yep. If the 48 can reliably take a 15 round metal mag and be reliable, I will wave goodbye to my 19. I don't even care if a steel mag release eats up the polymer mags because I'll never use them anyway.

Wonder if adding a plastic insert into the metal body for the mag catch would address the wear issue without having to replace parts on the gun itself.

Hopefully they are taking some time because design is being perfected rather than just building up volume.

15 on board is pretty solid...and mag changes being awkward with these pistols, a nice feature. A tiny bit more taper at the top of mag body and a companion metal mag catch that doesn't go into your middle finger during actuation would be awesome.

This has been plainly indicated for well over 30 years now.

Site Supporter
    It depends. As a human being with extra corrosive sweat who also lives in the Deep South the fact that glock mags are both cheap and don’t easily rust has been worth a couple tenths of an inch in width for me.

User Tag List