Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: DA revolver-like trigger in a SFA?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    The Kahr trigger system has a shorter stroke than a DA revolver.

I had a Kahr K9, for a while, and that short stroke was annoying, in a neither-fish-nor-fowl way, as I was accustomed to my DA revolvers and 1911 pistols, and, had seriously used DA/SA, did not want to train-up with a fourth system, which I did not find intuitive.
    I find a lot of continuity between my P250c, Kahr K9/CW9, and SP101. The SP101's trigger is heavier.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I had lots of time to think about this yesterday, a 12 hour road trip bringing a car from Colorado Springs to TX. Those who think I’m overthinking this are right but it’s the way my mind usually works. I’m going to percolate on this for a while before deciding what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @awp_101, how about a LCP 1? That’s a cheap solution.
    I’m a Ruger fan but those are waaay too small.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I find a lot of continuity between my P250c, Kahr K9/CW9, and SP101. The SP101's trigger is heavier.
    Is your 101 trigger stock or massaged? I know where a 250 is on consignment but every time I read up on them it seems like they’re somewhat problematic?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I did think of one that I'd forgotten about. I had a brief fling with an XDm OSP and I think revolver-like is a good way to describe at least the one I had. But I don't feel like going down that particular road again...

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Berreta 92D
    Go inside and polish starting with 800 grit to 2000 grit paper
    Your Glock will become a safe Queen

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I had lots of time to think about this yesterday, a 12 hour road trip bringing a car from Colorado Springs to TX. Those who think I’m overthinking this are right but it’s the way my mind usually works. I’m going to percolate on this for a while before deciding what to do.

I’m a Ruger fan but those are waaay too small.

Is your 101 trigger stock or massaged? I know where a 250 is on consignment but every time I read up on them it seems like they’re somewhat problematic?
    The Gen 1 was garbage. Many of the reports you'll read on this site are from tip-of-the-spear types who were exposed to the early ones. Do some Googling to ID the later Gen 2 versions; at this point, most of what you'll see is the later version. They are well-regarded by those who like them.

I've had some issues with my P250 in .380, but that was unequivocally traced to Geco FMJ factory ammo where the flare at the case mouth wasn't straightened by crimping after seating the bullet. Running that lot of ammo through a case gauge and crimping all the rounds that didn't plunk perfectly has made it 100 percent reliable.

The only real criticism I've read that I think is still relevant is the trigger kickback. If you end up with the trigger in just the wrong position when the slide returns to battery, the trigger bar will kick the trigger forward. If you're moving your finger either slower, and the slide gets forward before you've released, or much faster, and you're all the way out before the slide gets back into battery, you won't be affected by this. @Tamara has reported that it gets worse on the heavier kicking calibers; I suspect that's because of the stronger recoil spring.

Also, note that there continue to be revisions to the grip modules due to P320 development, so there are both significant and insignificant variations of grip modules that are all still considered Gen 2. I'm not aware of any significant functional differences between the small variations. The major difference involves the slide lock lever, and you can't mix old/new modules with new/old levers. But if you actually buy a new grip module rather than cheaping out and trying to save $10-15 bucks by buying used, it will come with the new slide lock lever.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 03-07-2019 at 02:36 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Sounds like trigger slap in an AK. BTDT...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Yeah, I think that's what Tam compared it to. It's the main reason I haven't bought one in anything heavier than .380 yet. But I do think it's likely the best non-micro .380 ever made. And I enjoy the heck out of the .22LR.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 03-07-2019 at 02:49 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Kahr is the closest I've felt also in a striker pistol. I've messed around with glocks trying to get more of a rolling break. The gen 3 had pretty decent pulls with the ny1/minus connector. I used a more rounded safety plunger too. I tried it on gen 4 and it was horrible that way, even with a gen 3 trigger bar. I can't stand slop take up in triggers especially when it feels like no weight at all and then a abrupt wall. I'd rather have a consistent weight kind of take up.

Walther P99AS?

Quote Originally Posted by xray 99 View Post
    Walther P99AS?
    While the first trigger pull is indeed very revolver-like, the following ones are short and crisp single action trigger pulls.

(Although my girlfriend's rescue P99, before the broken parts were replaced, was DA only... So you could modify one to be DAO. No idea how safe, reliable or durable such a modification would be though. No issues immediately pop into my mind, but I've never seriously considered such a modification.)

User Tag List