Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Portland Police's New Knife Policy

Site Supporter

Hot washes seem to work!

I am pleased to say that tonight we had a dummy with cocaine and/or methamphetamine psychosis in the ED. The same nurse as in my earlier post responded, and I was the lucky guy stabilizing the legs while four points were being applied, and the nurse was much more with it. She called "sharps" as she uncapped the needle, and jabbed into dudes thigh within inches of my thigh and arm as I pulled up dude's shorts to give her a shot to the quads. Injected the juice, and pulled the needle calling"sharps out", then immediately focused on safing the needle and putting (tossing) it under the gurney we were to load dummy on, and called "sharps safe". We loaded the guy, secured the four points and moved. We had already been in a five minute fight, verified by video, and the special sauce took almost ten more minutes to start working. But, by golly, she wasn't just another pretty face and hot nurse, she learned from her previous experience that if she is pulling out the sharps she is married to it until it is safed, and did it well while communicating with the rest of us.

The hospital security crew, tried to handcuff this guy while he was being suspended at waist level, and had to be told to stabilize him on the ground. During the fight I had to explain the idea of stabilize, then cuff. Less happy with them the last week or so based on stupid shit like that.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    I use Esstac Kywi mag pouches on my vest. Open top with a kydex/polymer insert.
    Possibly the same ones?

I previous used open top Safariland pouches when they were on my belt.
    We use outer carriers made by BPS Tactical. They make their own pouches and probably "borrowed" the kydex insert idea from another maker. One of our SWAT guys runs Esstac KYWI pouches on his SWAT rig and they seem like good mag pouches.

User Tag List