Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Center Axis Relock

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Wow... Way to necro a thread!
    It's kind of timely. There's someone who was an instructor under Castle who is trying to rejuvenate the system. Part of the system's credibility is it's appearance in the John Wick films.

Really, I'm not joking.

https://www.carolinafirearmsforum.co...port-pa.46633/
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

[facepalm]
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    [facepalm]
    Whoa!

Last edited by blues; 08-01-2019 at 02:50 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    It's kind of timely. There's someone who was an instructor under Castle who is trying to rejuvenate the system. Part of the system's credibility is it's appearance in the John Wick films.

Really, I'm not joking.

I watch the video and just have massive images when he does the body shooting, of someone who practices once every six months, shooting themselves right in the arm.

Really, I'm not joking.
    And judging from pistol technique in LivePD, John Wick is pretty popular with cops.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    And judging from pistol technique in LivePD, John Wick is pretty popular with cops.
    Do they have tattoos, patches and badges on their uniforms and firearms? If so, I think we're gonna need a bigger whoa!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter

Really, I'm not joking.

Do they teach shooting at distances greater than 3 yards?🤣🤣🤣🤣

Really, I'm not joking.

Someone should tell him CAR stands for Cameraman Angle Routine. One of the problems with filming actors in a proper shooting stance is the gun blocks their face in an angled shot. Not an issue when the poop hits the oscillator, but a Big One for Hollywood. CAR to the rescue....
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

FWIW I met Paul Castle a couple times, once at a seminar then some members of the SWAT team on my old department fell in man love with him and his CAR technique so we imported him to conduct some training.
    It took a while to retrain them
    The “CAR” technique works if you get caught sitting in a linear problem with attackers behind you, or possibly if you need to respond to a threat behind you while sitting in a vehicle. IMHO It doesn’t work for much else.

Paul tried to teach above his level but at the time there was a LOT of that going on as the GWOT spun up. A British accent and love of good curry made him an interesting dude.

Site Supporter
    It is always amazing how people are attracted to the new shiny thing, when the old shiny thing works just as well and is proven.

For the idle hell of it, look up The Quell System invented by holster maker Paris Theodore back in the early 1980s or so.

User Tag List