Thread: Federal American Eagle Syntec 9mm Ammo

Federal American Eagle Syntec 9mm Ammo

Does anyone have any experience with Federal American Eagle Syntec 9mm ammo? I'm interested most specifically in their 150 gr. bullet in this cartridge.

I was given an opportunity to try out a handful of this ammo at a recent match and with a very limited sample size, I was impressed. Has anyone used it in matches? If so, have you checked MV over a chronograph in your pistol? Any good (or negative) feedback regarding recoil, functionality, accuracy, etc?

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts/experience.

There's an existing thread on the Syntech Action Pistol load (link below).

New Federal action pistol load

I've had good experience with the 150 grain ammunition (about 2000 rounds worth) until recently, when I encountered a lot with some poorly seated primers. I turned that batch into training ammunition and used a different case for matches, and didn't have a problem when it counted. I did inspect each round for "proud" primers when loading my match magazines.

Accuracy is excellent and recoil is very light. I haven't done chrono testing. I'm hopeful the primer issue (which was reported elsewhere) has been corrected and won't repeat, as I really like this ammunition.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List