Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you use an RMR?

How many of you use an RMR?

After a recent training course I really noticed the merits of having a RDS on a pistol for target focus shooting. How many of you are using a type 2 rmr or any rmr and are completely happy? I know there is a mix between positive reports and non positive reports.

I use type 1 RM01 & RM06 currently and I'm completely happy with them. I currently own 3 classic Sigs with type 1 RM06 installed, but also owned 4 Glocks that I tried others (RM07, RM02, RM08G) but prefer the RM06 overall. I did have issues on one of my RM07's blanking under recoil, but that issue was corrected with adjusting the battery contact and adding a piece of electrical tape to aid in keeping pressure on the contact leg.

I've always gone direct milled (Suarez pre-made slides, or direct milled my OEM slides) and cannot comment on the various factory, multi-fit slides currently on the market.

As much as I've enjoyed my little dabble with PX4s lately, I don't see it lasting much longer because I like my RMR equipped guns that much. (unless suitable BUS for the MOS/RMR solution become available soon or my RMS Shield provides acceptable reliability)

I have an RM06 Type 2 on a direct milled 19x. I like it, but in the first 200 rounds the POI shifted and the dot went blurry. Sent it back to Trijicon and they replaced the emitter. (fast and largely hassle free, too) Like I have said before, one guy can buy one and drive nails with it without a problem and I can bust it getting it out of the box. It's one of my special skills.

All of my future plans to buy pistols include considering what it will take to get an RDS put on them. At this point, the RMR has it's faults, but is still the most reliable sight available. I am amazed at my improvements in shooting at distance with the dot, as well as how much I have learned about tracking and trigger control from it.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I’m not going to rehash what’s been said online about the benefits. I’ve got 3, 2 LED’s on Suarez slides and a dual on a Grey Ghost. While you can certainly shoot well without one, there’s no reason a serious weapon shouldn’t have one. Not saying everyone needs to go buy one, I just don’t see any negatives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm very happy with the three RM06 equipped pistols I have (1911/g19/g17) all have proven reliable and battery life has been more than satisfactory. I would not hesitate to recommend direct milling/installing a RMR to anyone interested.

I've recently moved to the Wilson EDC X9 as my primary pistol, and it won't accept a RMR. So I have decided that the positive attributes of the Wilson (reliable 9mm, SA, thumb safety, 1911 ergos, wilson-quality) have outweighed the benefits of the RMR.
    Last edited by theJanitor; 02-27-2019 at 03:53 PM.

I have two Trijicon RMR that work (one LED and one Dual Illumination). I have a Dual illumination that doesn’t. The fiber optic works but the tritium does not.

I emailed them and didn’t get a response, yet.
    I don’t know how their customer service is. I’ll wait and report back.

Every pistol that has a RDS also has backup Suppressor height sights. At below 15 yards, I don’t see the dot. However, beyond 15 yards out to 75 yards, I have consistent hits. There are higher hit rates with multiple targets.

Larger MOA is easier to see when drawn from a holster. Smaller MOA is more precise but harder to see quickly.

Although it’s the most expensive option for a pistol optic, it ears its keep for size, usefulness, durability and battery life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

G19 with RMR 02. Exceeded my expectations. Its my EDC. Iron sights with my old eyes = reduced accuracy.

G17 with RMR02 and G19 with RMR06. Both direct milled. Love them.

At this point, I'm firmly in the "all serious pistols are going to have a dot" camp.

Closing fast on 2000 rounds through my direct milled RMR06 type 2.

Zero problems.

Rm06 type 2 on a G19.5 Pro cut by Atei. About 15 months old still works just fine. Carry it every day and am happy with my purchase, well worth the investment. Idk on round count sorry. Stopped counting north of 1,000 awhile ago.

My buddy had to send his back when the auto feature failed. But that happened in the first 100 rounds or so.

My next rds will be Acro. I am very interested in the Aimpoint and it checks all boxes for me. But the rmr 2 conceals very well and sure has helped extend the range of my abilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List