Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: How many of you use an RMR?

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    I use type 1 RM01 & RM06 currently and I'm completely happy with them. I currently own 3 classic Sigs with type 1 RM06 installed, but also owned 4 Glocks that I tried others (RM07, RM02, RM08G) but prefer the RM06 overall. I did have issues on one of my RM07's blanking under recoil, but that issue was corrected with adjusting the battery contact and adding a piece of electrical tape to aid in keeping pressure on the contact leg.

I've always gone direct milled (Suarez pre-made slides, or direct milled my OEM slides) and cannot comment on the various factory, multi-fit slides currently on the market.

As much as I've enjoyed my little dabble with PX4s lately, I don't see it lasting much longer because I like my RMR equipped guns that much. (unless suitable BUS for the MOS/RMR solution become available soon or my RMS Shield provides acceptable reliability)
    I see Bergeron posted the link. Here’s a pic.

https://www.langdontactical.com/px4-...ting-solution/
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by medmo; 03-03-2019 at 10:22 AM.

With current PMO technology, no back up sights is a fail for EDC use.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    All true, but the DPP has proven fragile in high volume environments like USPSA. I shoot one in competition but have backups. And the brightness adjustment is not simple or intuitive or quick.

RMR for carry, two serviced Type 1 and a Type 2, but eagerly awaiting the Aimpoint to try.
    Ya, I've heard that, but surprisingly haven't had a single durability issue in the year I've been carrying one on my duty, training and concealed gun.

The only time I change dot brightness is during training if I'm shooting past 25 yards. My duty and concealed dot brightness is set off my wml and never changed.

My acro should be arriving in a week or so, I intend to use that for my concealed carry and drive on with the DPP's on my duty and training gun.

Hopefully this sort of thing starts resulting in more robust optics.

Name:  E3DB3C31-AD52-45EE-AC5C-136865F534B7_zpsd62dwgw5.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  44.8 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by SCSU74 View Post
    Ya, I've heard that, but surprisingly haven't had a single durability issue in the year I've been carrying one on my duty, training and concealed gun.

What's the round count on your DPP?

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Hopefully this sort of thing starts resulting in more robust optics.

Can't see well, are those RMRs?

The irons seem to be too low to be visible.
    Last edited by YVK; 03-03-2019 at 12:51 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I suspect they are RMR2 (but agree it is hard to tell), which would make sense on SOCOM Mk27s (Glock 19s). On the other hand, it looks like a UID where the brightness adjustment button would be?

I thought this was an interesting photo as so far I've only seen the occasional individual MRDS in service use, but this picture depicts a unit issued optic.

I have not seen any indication that the G19s are being updated with suppressor sights for BUIS; they typically are equipped with the standard Glock 3 dot night sights. To my knowledge even the latest Mk27 MOD2 (GEN4 w/ threaded barrel) doesn't arrive with suppressor height sights.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 03-03-2019 at 01:07 PM.

Actually from this angle I'm thinking it isn't a RMR2 (apologies for the thread drift). Also linked a higher res version of the first photo. In any case, more MRDS in military use will mean more feedback, and better optics for all.

Last edited by JSGlock34; 03-03-2019 at 01:30 PM.

What's the round count on your DPP?

Just about 5k on training setup, 100 on duty setup (exact same as training gun, p320 X5) and 2,400 on carry setup (p320 x-carry). All are p320 x slides with the DPP fitted by Mark Housel.

Just about 5k on training setup, 100 on duty setup (exact same as training gun, p320 X5) and 2,400 on carry setup (p320 x-carry). All are p320 x slides with the DPP fitted by Mark Housel.
    They usually work to about 5,000 rounds and then are a crapshoot. Motion sensor is also a life limited part in my experience.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I started with a type 2 RM06, but really dislike that fact that it switches to auto mode after 16 hours no matter what you do. Picked up a delta point to compare and like it a lot more. Clearer glass, bigger window, easier battery change and stays at the brightness setting you set it at until you manually change it.
    I had high hopes for the DPP, but, well, I will just recommend seeing the lengthy thread topics regarding the DPP. Pay particular attention to those who shoot high round counts with the DPP. I could tolerate the battery life issues, by simply establishing a strict regime of frequent battery swaps, but the rest of the drama seems not worth the hassle. (Competition shooting is not, at present, a factor for me.)
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List