Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Training in Oregon ...anyone familiar with....

+1 about EWO. Excellent class.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Butterfly View Post
    Happily, my oregon chl arrived today. I’m kinda happy about it. 🦄

I’ll make some calls for Washington state I guess.
    Don't bother with AZ, WA or UT, just get the Idaho Enhanced permit and you'll be good to go everywhere in the west but CA and CO:

OR resident + ID enhanced:
    Name:  Screenshot_2019-03-06-21-06-34-1-1.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  58.1 KB

OR resident + UT:
    Name:  Screenshot_2019-03-06-21-07-54-1.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  56.7 KB
    (Same as ID except no NM or MN)

OR resident + WA:
    Name:  Screenshot_2019-03-06-21-39-00-1.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  59.4 KB
    (No DE, GA, WY, NM, or MN)

You are also good to go in Illinois as long as you are just passing through on the highway. If you stop and visit, your permit is no good.
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 03-07-2019 at 12:41 AM.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Don't bother with AZ, WA or UT, just get the Idaho Enhanced permit and you'll be good to go everywhere in the west but CA and CO:

Name:  Screenshot_2019-03-06-21-06-34-1-1.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  58.1 KB
    Well, I travel all over for car racing, and also, I like Idaho well enough but it’s not a trivial drive compared to a mail in Utah permit and a short trip to wa state.

And no, not gonna make a trip to Idaho le with a race car in tow on a race weekend. So...
    Last edited by Medusa; 03-07-2019 at 12:21 AM.

Well, I travel all over for car racing, and also, I like Idaho well enough but it’s not a trivial drive compared to a mail in Utah permit and a short trip to wa state.

And no, not gonna make a trip to Idaho le with a race car in tow on a race weekend. So...
    WA is a waste of money imo. OR+UT gets you everything OR+WA does plus UT also gets you Wyoming & Georgia. You should play around with the ccw reciprocity map: https://www.usacarry.com/concealed_c...city_maps.html

PS: I would still call the Sheriff's department in each Idaho county to see if you can find one who would be willing to process your application by mail. I think you'll probably find success with 1 or 2 counties as long as you have a law enforcement officer willing to finger print you...
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 03-07-2019 at 12:38 AM.

Banned
    I hear you. Is why the plan I put in place already is or, now in hand, plus ut non resident(applied for). I might get wa too because it sounds, based in info on this thread, straightforward and I go to wa a lot. ceterus paribus, I guess I’d just as soon have a wa permit to produce in wa if I ever had to.
    Last edited by Medusa; 03-07-2019 at 12:47 AM.

I hear you. Is why the plan I put in place already is or, now in hand, plus ut non resident(applied for). I might get wa too because it sounds, based in info on this thread, straightforward and I go to wa a lot. ceterus paribus, I guess I’d just as soon have a wa permit to produce in wa if I ever had to.
    I hereby give you a like for correct use of ceterus paribus in a sentence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On topic: I have trained with Gabe twice now. Once at the Clackamas range in OR, and September in Lakeland.

He is a very deep thinker, and cares passionately about his craft. I’m pretty much a noob, but in my book, he is highly highly highly recommended.

Banned
    awww, shucks. ya mean going to law school and 6 years of grad school before that was worthwhile after all? smiles.

on topic - it also looks like I will be able to do Keith Tyler's Handgun 1 and 2 very soon, and I'm super excited about that. As I told Keith, I'm just really down on my shooting right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I hereby give you a like for correct use of ceterus paribus in a sentence.

Last edited by Medusa; 03-07-2019 at 05:35 PM.

^^^excellent! You are going to learn so much. Keith is a very talented instructor.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Looks like you’re in good hands with Mr White and Mr Tyler.

Another option that’s worth mentioning for people looking for local training is the Rangemaster Certified Instructor network. I don’t think there’s a website listing certified instructors, but I’m sure you could reach out to them and they might have someone reasonably local to put you in touch with. It’s not magic certificate. It’s 3-5 days of solid instructor training, but I understand it’s better than the NRA certs. Like anything, certification doesn’t guarantee quality. It just means the person has passed a fairly rigorous coursework and test.

Also, look for women’s shooting networks in your area if that’s your style. “Shoot Like a Girl” and “A Girl and a Gun” come immediately to mind. They may have resources too.
    David S.

User Tag List