Thread: Looking for EVOC Type Traing Course

Looking for EVOC Type Traing Course

Hello,

I am looking for short driving course to improve my skills. It doesn't necessarily have to be EVOC but something along those lines.

Somewhat close to the Midwest would be prefered.

Thanks.

One of the cheapest, easiest and safest ways to improve your skills is to start autocrossing. There are events pretty much everywhere by numerous clubs. The cost is under $50 and you can run any car in good working order and most groups have free loaner helmets. You get variety, precision skills and car control in a safe and fun environment probably close by. If you are doing it just by yourself use your personal vehicle or see if your agency will loan you one. If doing it as an agency a club may set up special course or participation process to make it easy. A lot of clubs would be happy to compete against police officers in police cars if the police would just ask or show up.

HPDE/Track days can also be a great source for higher speeds skills but the entry cost and vehicle needs/wear are much higher. Those too are offered everywhere and are not difficult to do as an individual or group.

If you are looking for instruction and police EVOC specific try BSR, Bondurant(or whatever they call it now after the bankruptcy) DirtFish or Team O neal rally schools. Texas has a rally school that also has car control elements and courses.

Where are you located and what are you looking for as far as individual or group?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    BSR is the easy button and well worth it. They have regularly scheduled courses on their calendar and run a great program. They are located in West Virginia, near the Virginia border and a quick drive from Dulles Airport.

Another place to check out near the Midwest would be The Ranch: https://ranchtx.org/. As of now, they don't have anything listed on their calendar, but I've spoken to them about doing an open enrollment. They interested, so the more folks that reach out to them, the better.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
    BSR is the easy button and well worth it. They have regularly scheduled courses on their calendar and run a great program. They are located in West Virginia, near the Virginia border and a quick drive from Dulles Airport.

Another place to check out near the Midwest would be The Ranch: https://ranchtx.org/. As of now, they don't have anything listed on their calendar, but I've spoken to them about doing an open enrollment. They interested, so the more folks that reach out to them, the better.
    I’d be interested. Driver training is perishable and we don’t really get sustainment training.

User Tag List