Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: “I Had To Get It On Man”

Love the movie.

Thats a really cool pistol, but that safety would drive me nuts. Really counter to everything I'm used to.

-Cory

I had a Star PD for awhile but traded it to a guy for a nickel Colt Commander. Always wanted another one though. Most Star's that I've shot were nice pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    Love the movie.

Thats a really cool pistol, but that safety would drive me nuts. Really counter to everything I'm used to.

-Cory
    Fortunately, the DA trigger is buttery smooth. If the travel was shorter it’d be a dead ringer for my Wilson Combat 92s. Single action is crisp and clean, but it’s got some takeup. Nothing I’d categorize as objectionable. It’s a better stock trigger then you’ll find on a standard P229.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Beauty.

My first carry pistol was a Firestar in. 40.
    Probably why my back is such a mess.

Nice find.
    Me, too. Because I wasn’t gonna carry a wimpy 9mm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

I loved this movie before dinero because such a liberal shit bag.

Cool pistol.

Wangros character was a wild card for sure. Unhinged dudes like him fark up a lot of good shit just because they can’t go without getting frogging.

I haven’t seen a pic online yet which properly conveys the scale of how massive this piece is.Thats a full size 5” 1911 on the left.
    Name:  E764B57C-27EB-4ACA-8BB3-D48CF6BC05E4.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  26.5 KB

Edit- after literally thousands of viewings of “Heat” I never noticed the “Gage Armored Express” logo on the armored car until today. For the five people reading this who are unaware, Kevin Gage is the actor who plays Waingro.
    Last edited by GardoneVT; 02-27-2019 at 05:46 PM.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

"You could get killed walkin' your doggie."

Awesome find. I had a Star Firestar .40 once upon a time. Loved the little thing, until it was time to find mags or parts for it. Traded it away.

Star made good stuff for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    I haven’t seen a pic online yet which properly conveys the scale of how massive this piece is.Thats a full size 5” 1911 on the left.
    Name:  E764B57C-27EB-4ACA-8BB3-D48CF6BC05E4.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  26.5 KB

Edit- after literally thousands of viewings of “Heat” I never noticed the “Gage Armored Express” logo on the armored car until today. For the five people reading this who are unaware, Kevin Gage is the actor who plays Waingro.
    Wow that is a beast

Great thread. Heat is one of my fiancee's favorite movies, mine too. We were riffing on "WAINGRO" the other day. Nice find. If one showed up at my lgs I would grab it for sure. There is a little Astra 75 9mm there that I may have to snag.

User Tag List