Quote Originally Posted by Grouse870 View Post
A little background and then my question. I am currently one of three firearms instructors at my department (If it matters I work in corrections 100+ officers of that probably 50+ are actually armed we do quite a bit out in the community with, work crews, hospital transports, chain buses to other facility etc). We are tasked with doing the lethal force policy training which we do every year. Now at this point most of the officers know the major case law for use of force (Tennessee vs Garner, Graham vs Conner, City of Canton vs Harris, Poppow vs Margate, etc) I'm trying to do something different than the standard death by power point type. I'd like to do some scenario type stuff (this is a class room setting) so video is about my only option. I know and have used Active self protection, Blu tube, any others I should look at? or particular videos that are useful? I'm just trying to engage everybody without getting the glazed over eye look and while I find case law fascinating and something that needs to be understood I realize a lot of people aren't like that (Much like a lot of people look at dryfire and actually practicing with a gun as something they need to paid to do)
I work at a dept. that's fairly large (2,000+ sworn officers). As a consequence, we have our own video production section. Each year, the Firearms Training Unit has them videotape 10 scenarios in the local area the FTU has come up with. These scenarios are then played at that year's in-service training when the officers are at the range to qualify. The officers attending in-service must pass a test (Yes/No) based on those scenarios on whether they would be justified with using lethal force in that situation, based on law and dept. policy. The standard is 90% or better.

What you might be able to do is contact some of the larger LEO organizations in your area and see if they also do the same. If they do, perhaps you could talk them in to letting you use their videos.