Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 4.7" reverse crown barrel

Beretta 92 4.7" reverse crown barrel

Anyone know where to purchase a Beretta 92 4.7" reverse crown barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by perazzisc3 View Post
    Anyone know where to purchase a Beretta 92 4.7" reverse crown barrel?
    Allegheny Gun Works advertises them for 180$ on their website. Wilson advertises on their online worksheet that they will convert your barrel for 60$.

I saw a listing on eBay, but I suspect the seller just takes an Italian stainless barrel and has it crowned to sell as an "Elite II" barrel. It appears to be black oxide finished but the crown shows the bare steel in the white. I too was looking for a 4.7" black oxide stainless barrel with the Elite style crown to replace a barrel on a Brig Tac that has dings on the muzzle end. Does anyone know if the AGW one for $180 is black oxided or if it is the stainless color? Would also be cool if anyone knew if they were US made barrels or Italian barrels? I kind of prefer the US made barrels (USA! USA!) because they are not engraved with some random s/n. The Italian barrels seem to be engraved with some random s/n probably due to Euro rules about numbering barrels. Just looks neater to have a pistol without a bunch of mismatched numbers, as the only legal requirement here in 'merica, to my understanding, was to have a s/n on the frame/receiver.

There's a guy on the Beretta Forum (I believe his user name is 'WAL'), who will do the machine work to cut a regular barrel down. He did a barrel for me a few years back, and the work was top-quality.

For this work for me It’s better to have someone like Josh at Allegheny arms do it.

They have one of my Brigs right now and the 60 degree reverse Crown is one thing on the work order.

I recommend sending it to Wilson Combat. You get top notch quality so it’s an excellent value at $60 plus shipping. They recommend sending the bbl with your slide to confirm fit and function.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    If you reckon yourself good with tools, Brownells sells piloted crowning tools. PTG makes some of the cutters and sells them for a much lower price, but I haven't figured out how to get pilots from PTG (including phone and email communication), although their site references the existence of such and suggests it should be possible.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Josh and Wal are both equally recommended on the Beretta forum. I had Josh cut and crown a PX4 barrel for me and picked him at the time, because Wal was healing up from something.

If you think it will help go for it. But I can say it is a bit of a pain to keep clean on our EIIs.

Thanks for the feedback

I think I will give AGW a call.

User Tag List