Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pachymayr Compact grips

Did a little more file work. I'm very happy with it.
    Name:  KIMG1123.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  35.6 KBName:  KIMG1127.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  37.9 KBName:  KIMG1125.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  86.7 KBName:  KIMG1129.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  81.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Not giving you a hard time, and it has nothing to do with your round-butting job, but in your last few pictures it doesn't look like those grips fit the recoil shoulder very well.

Dave

I noticed that too. I'm not sure if it's specific to those grip or if I would have to file up higher.

I'm not to worried about it. This gun is my running/salt water gun.
    Last edited by 03RN; 03-03-2019 at 05:56 PM.

Site Supporter
    You really need to get the backstrap checkered or stippled. Because reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Not giving you a hard time, and it has nothing to do with your round-butting job, but in your last few pictures it doesn't look like those grips fit the recoil shoulder very well.

Dave
    Pachmayr rubber grips are notorious for inconsistent attention to detail. Off contours (like his), molding flash left over, screw escutcheons that spin when you tighten the screw, etc. I would not rely on a Pachmayr grip to tell me what the frame's contour should be like.

Now put a set of Ahrends grips on it and that's a different story.

In any event, there is no contour difference between round and square butt K frames that high up the grip so I doubt he filed there at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I noticed that too. I'm not sure if it's specific to those grip or if I would have to file up higher.

I'm not to worried about it. This gun is my running/salt water gun.
    That came out great. After seeing yours I'm slowly screwing up the courage to do it to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    You really need to get the backstrap checkered or stippled. Because reasons.
    Stipple like my front sight job, it is really easy

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Pachmayr rubber grips are notorious for inconsistent attention to detail. Off contours (like his), molding flash left over, screw escutcheons that spin when you tighten the screw, etc. I would not rely on a Pachmayr grip to tell me what the frame's contour should be like.

Now put a set of Ahrends grips on it and that's a different story.

In any event, there is no contour difference between round and square butt K frames that high up the grip so I doubt he filed there at all.
    I wasn't questioning his file work but rather the fit of the Pachmayrs. I'd get a different RB grip (or more correctly, stock) for that gun.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    I'd get a different RB grip (or more correctly, stock) for that gun.
    Unless you can try them out in a store, Pachmayrs are a crap shoot when it comes to a perfect fit. It's a working pistol (from the OPs own words), I don't think I (or he) would waste the time and money buying a bunch to try and then return those that didn't fit well.

Grips, stocks, it's all the same to me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Unless you can try them out in a store, Pachmayrs are a crap shoot when it comes to a perfect fit. It's a working pistol (from the OPs own words), I don't think I (or he) would waste the time and money buying a bunch to try and then return those that didn't fit well.

Grips, stocks, it's all the same to me.
    All the points you made are good reasons to avoid Pachmayrs, unless you have some laying around or buy them used and dirt cheep.

And working gun or not, the grips/stocks should fit.

Dave

User Tag List