Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: XS Glue On J-Frame Sight - Files Instead of Milling

Quote Originally Posted by Bobert1035 View Post
    I'd be curious if this could be done as well. Love my skinny barrel M10 but man do the sights take some work to use.
    Boy, that pic of Karl's work has piqued my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Name:  81DC889F-29EC-4F83-B503-63D568C8140A.jpg
Views: 1333
Size:  59.8 KB

Here’s a closer look.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burqueno View Post
    Here’s a closer look.
    Yeah, I was pretty happy with my job until I saw that...

Here's another option to improve the J-Frame sight picture. I got the idea from Headhunter. Yes, it's on a Taurus so I wouldn't feel bad if it turned out bad. I think the one I saw Headhunter did had more of a post sight. I removed most of the long ramp and serrated the steeper ramp.
    Name:  IMG_2759.jpg
Views: 1211
Size:  42.1 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    It took longer than I planned, but none of this was difficult.
    After a few months, how is this holding up? Is it still a net improvement in accuracy or shootability?

Also, does the sight overhang the barrel ridge or is it flush? In your pics, it looks flush, but other pics I've seen looks like it overhangs, which is kind of slopping looking.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    After a few months, how is this holding up? Is it still a net improvement in accuracy or shootability?

Also, does the sight overhang the barrel ridge or is it flush? In your pics, it looks flush, but other pics I've seen looks like it overhangs, which is kind of slopping looking.

Chris
    I have had my 638 done for a number of years, so I would say the improvement is between something I flat canNOT see, to something very visible. Can't really attest to the accuracy, because I never really tested anything, considering the baseline would be like a blind man.

In the front it overhangs a very slight bit, but nothing IMO objectionable. I will try and get you some pictures later.

Site Supporter
    I have had my 638 done for a number of years, so I would say the improvement is between something I flat canNOT see, to something very visible. Can't really attest to the accuracy, because I never really tested anything, considering the baseline would be like a blind man.

In the front it overhangs a very slight bit, but nothing IMO objectionable. I will try and get you some pictures later.
    Thanks! I'm struggling to see my J-frame's front sight as well, especially in dim light. I've been considering this mod, but given that it's a permanent change and I've only seen pictures, I've been reluctant.

Did you get the standard size dot or the big dot?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Thanks! I'm struggling to see my J-frame's front sight as well, especially in dim light. I've been considering this mod, but given that it's a permanent change and I've only seen pictures, I've been reluctant.

Did you get the standard size dot or the big dot?

Chris
    I have the biggun on the 638, the small one on the 340, and when I chose for the 637 I went big.

Unless you are trying to win bets with a J-frame at long distance I think the large is the way to go, especially considering your eyes are constantly going to change, and not to get better...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Burqueno View Post
    Here’s an installation of the xs small dot sight by Karl Sokol.

Attachment 36108

Attachment 36108

U notch rear sight.

Attachment 36109
    Steel frame gun ?

Wonder how this would work out on an airweight.

I will try and get you some pictures later.
    I was out of town and still owe you these pictures, can probably do in the morning.

User Tag List