Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Apparently Her Hypocrisy Knows No Bounds: AOC

Apparently Her Hypocrisy Knows No Bounds: AOC

What a gal...

She may be America’s most famous freshman congresswoman, but in New York, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is a virtual ghost.

She has no district office and no local phone number, unlike the state’s three other freshman members.

And it’s unclear whether the 29-year-old lawmaker, who represents the Bronx and Queens, actually still lives in the Parkchester neighborhood that has been so closely tied to her rise — even though she won her upset victory over fellow Democrat Rep. Joe Crowley with accusations that his home in Virginia made him too Washington-focused to serve his district.

Ocasio-Cortez has used her deceased father’s Bronx condo on her voter registration since 2012, and even posed in the one-bedroom Bronx flat for celebrity photographer Annie Leibovitz in a Vogue magazine profile after her stunning November election. But The Post could find little indication she continues to live there.
    If you take the time to read the entire article, it reflects a very sad state of affairs. Why am I not surprised that this self-righteous noisemaker appears to be just another empty barrel in it for personal gain and notoriety.
    Dare to speak the truth

Politicians often bury themselves. Just watch and wait.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Old man yelling at cloud OlongJohnson's Avatar
    "carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Shapiro delights in calling her out with whatever the day brings. Some pretty solid stuff this past week.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Alexandria Occasional Cortex May be the best thing that has happened to Republicans in a long time - a very public face showing the lunacy of the left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My prediction is that the Democratic Party is just about to smack her down and stomp her like a bug.
    She's upsetting the apple cart, breaking the rice bowls, and has done gone from preachin' to meddlin'.

The Amazon deal alone means more than just the simple loss of potential tax revenue. It also means a loss of contracts to the connected, a loss of under the table deals for politicos, a loss of money to the various NY unions, and all the other various means politicians traditionally get rich.

We'll be seeing more stories about ethics violations, and the eventual release of some pretty damning past statements or escapades.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Pretty amusing that AOC and her associated shenanigans are making Trump seem calm and rationale. At least from the mindset of those of us in the middle.

Personally, I think AOC represents where her Party has been, and is going, extremely well.

Whatever D candidate wins their nomination, the views of AOC and the head-nodding sycophants that surround her are what you will be voting for in 2020, make no mistake.

Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. — J. C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    My prediction is that the Democratic Party is just about to smack her down and stomp her like a bug.
    She's upsetting the apple cart, breaking the rice bowls, and has done gone from preachin' to meddlin'.

The Amazon deal alone means more than just the simple loss of potential tax revenue. It also means a loss of contracts to the connected, a loss of under the table deals for politicos, a loss of money to the various NY unions, and all the other various means politicians traditionally get rich.

We'll be seeing more stories about ethics violations, and the eventual release of some pretty damning past statements or escapades.
    She was not the only Democrat to speak out against the deal. Amazon did not leave just because of her.

As a right wing conservative, I would love to have Amazon come where I live, but I never, ever support giving tax breaks to some businesses but not others.

I have owned my own business for 11 1/2 years. Taxes are absolutely the single biggest challenge facing business owners. In addition to all of the taxes everyone else pays, and paying 100% rather than 50% of the social security tax, we pay local taxes and have state tax filings most of you have never seen.

The landlords for my office own a gift shop that in some ways competes with Amazon. Numerous other businesses in my town lose a lot of business to online sales. They will not benefit from any tax breaks Amazon gets, nor will any other small business.

Giving tax breaks to some businesses and not others is effectively picking the winners and losers in the marketplace. Government should never, ever be allowed to do that.

Pittsburgh made that mistake by luring in big department stores with tax breaks that the local stores did not receive. After those department stores put the local stores out of business, they decided that they were not making enough profit per square foot and closed their stores. Now neither those department stores nor the small businesses that used to exist are providing jobs.

If cities and states want to attract businesses, those tax breaks need to be given uniformly to everyone.

Speaking out against the Amazon deal may be the one and only thing Occasional Cortex got partially right.

Bill, while you're absolutely right about .gov picking winners and losers AOC is a broken clock. And you know what they say about broken clocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Bill, while you're absolutely right about .gov picking winners and losers AOC is a broken clock. And you know what they say about broken clocks.
    Yes, that was her twice a day moment.

She may have been right about not giving special tax breaks to some business and not others. She clearly has no idea what a tax break is when she suggested the three billion could be better used. She didn’t seem to understand that there is not three billion dollars just laying around to just hand Amazon for moving to NY.

As to the question of her residency? That was brought up early in her campaign and the news media just enabled the dilution and suggested it was misinformation spread by the right.

The way the media treats her is very similar to the way they treated Obama. Obama was a nobody until the news media pointed their spotlight upon him, and looked at what happened in only a few short years.

User Tag List