Thread: Retention OWB holster for G17/G19 with optic?

Retention OWB holster for G17/G19 with optic?

Anyone aware of a decent OWB retention holster for a G17 or G19 (will use it for both)? Intended use is competition and range. I have one of those Safarilands with the thumb release but it doesn't look like an optic cut is feasible.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

They redesigned the ALS for optic comparability. It’s the 6390 RDS.

I know one guy that had the spring break, which locked the gun in the holster..... but he also broke the trigger spring on a gen 5 with a really low round count. So he may be an enigma.

I’m using one. It’s been good so far.

https://www.safariland.com/products/...l_6390rds.html

Ouch, that's a pretty steep price tag for the use I'd be getting from it.

I found this and took a chance on ordering it: Orpaz Glock Thumb Release Holster... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EMB8I38

Experimentation shows it clears the optic cut on my MOS and the Dueck optic mount, and it looks like it'll work. It has a thumb release pushbutton and the retention is via a latch on the trigger guard. I'm goimg to do some shake rattle roll testing later but I think it'll be sufficient for range use. I'll still be using the ALS one for the run and gun in august.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

User Tag List