Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looking for input (Glock purchase)

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Thanks, but I'd rather have a 19.5 MOS that I just don't use the MOS on. The Gen 5s I've played with feel so much better that I wouldn't pay anything for a Gen 4 or below.
    I got to check out a 19.5 MOS on Friday.

I wouldn't be interested in the MOS option for now but I would happily own either the 19 or 17 version of this gun.

Gen5, front serrations, and no grip cut out...Nice!

I picked up a as NIB Glock 17LAV a couple of years ago in a local trade ..I really hadn't had it to tbe range but once... And then only two mags through it .. Seems like my Gen 2 19 and Glock 27 gets the attention at the range , Id like to run the 17 LAV through the paces this spring..
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  100.0 KB

For me it's the 45 and 19X over all others. If I need something smaller, I use my 43 or LCP. I prefer the handling characteristics of the 45 and 19X over the 17 and 19 for that matter. The full size grip gives me more real estate to work with when running drills. It also allows a bit more control on the grip for mitigating recoil. They are extremely soft and flat shooting no doubt because of this.

I have always prefer a shorter barrel, and have carried on and off duty 23's, 19's because of the barrel and slide length. My biggest complaint about the 23/19 has always been the grip is just a tad too short.

When running drills, and teaching at the range, I almost always used my 17's. With the 19X and 45, I have the best of both worlds. For me, I dress around my carry, so with a few small changes, the 19X and 45 work just fine in a CCW off duty role.

The 5th Gen Glock overall are improved over previous generations. Earth shattering? no, but they have better triggers, and durability should be improved with the redesigned components. I definitely recommend going with a 5th Gen no matter which one you decide.

IMO there is nothing the 17 offers over the 45, unless you just can't live with the front serrations. I can take them or leave them. The advantage over the 45 is that if you have a 19, and holsters already, the 45 will work with them.

If I had a 5th Gen 17, I probably would runout an trade it for a 45. If I was looking at a 5th Gen 17, I would get the 45 all day every day and twice on Sundays before I got the 17. YMMV.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 02-26-2019 at 09:45 AM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

So I installed that set of gen 1-4 defoor sights and ran 150 rounds through the 19.5 yesterday. All is good. POI was good for me out to 25. I don't notice the cutout at all while shooting. I do notice it during extended dry fire, but not to the extent that it bothers me.
    I like the characteristics of the gen 5 trigger and I like the overall handling.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I figured I should update this finally. I'm 1700 rounds through this 19.5 now. All is well. Shoots great for me.
    Interesting thing. Early on, I was getting some premature slidelock occassionally. I couldn't narrow it down to a specific mag. I did discover that placing my finger as low as possible on the trigger seemed to fix this. I have fairly thick fingers and I can only assume that my trigger finger would contact the ambi slide release if I'm not careful.
    I also started using the medium backstrap at around the 1,100 mark. No issues since.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

User Tag List