Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Trigger Control

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Conversely, a similar thing can be done with SFA pistols. With a Glock particularly you can press the trigger for the first shot and with each successive “shot” you release your trigger finger out far enough for reset and prep and then simply “press” the trigger again. Now, obviously, the trigger is going to remain at the rear so when you “press” the trigger again it’s important that you use the same amount of force that you would normally have to use to actually actuate the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On my Glock, I use a zip tie down the barrel that holds the breech open slightly. This allows the trigger to move freely back and forth under spring pressure. Depending on your particular trigger setup, this gives a pretty good facsimile.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    On my Glock, I use a zip tie down the barrel that holds the breech open slightly. This allows the trigger to move freely back and forth under spring pressure. Depending on your particular trigger setup, this gives a pretty good facsimile.
    Yeah, that’s a solution too, but I find that if I’m also working on reloads, transitions, and small stages during dryfire it gets in the way. I find simply working the dead trigger gives me enough feedback to maintain a proper grip while managing the sights like I should.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Yeah, that’s a solution too, but I find that if I’m also working on reloads, transitions, and small stages during dryfire it gets in the way. I find simply working the dead trigger gives me enough feedback to maintain a proper grip while managing the sights like I should.

I’m not sure how that would get in the way? A small piece of the pocket clip from a pen is all you need to keep the breach face open so that you can work the trigger under spring pressure. 95% of my dry practice is done using this method, including mini stages, reloads, metronome training, etc. It looks a little funny, but when practicing I can’t tell a difference from a fully closed slide. I consider it essential for Glock training, especially speed work.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    I’m not sure how that would get in the way? A small piece of the pocket clip from a pen is all you need to keep the breach face open so that you can work the trigger under spring pressure. 95% of my dry practice is done using this method, including mini stages, reloads, metronome training, etc. It looks a little funny, but when practicing I can’t tell a difference from a fully closed slide. I consider it essential for Glock training, especially speed work.
    I guess I was envisioning the tail of the zip tie going all the way down the magwell, but the way you describe it, yeah, that makes a whole lot more sense.

Ziptie goes down the barrel. Doesn't interfere with anything.

I just bust a toothpick off between the breech face and the barrel.

Two recent thoughts:

1.)
    I've been working with a 92D and notice that I have my most stability in the sight picture when my strong hand palm at the beavertail is at less than maximum tension, it almost feels "relaxed". I'm still gripping hard with my fingers and the rest of my palm that's not pressed up against the beavertail. I'm also still making sure to get a as high and as "into" the frame for my grip, but the less muscle tension at the beavertail is what it takes for me right now to still the front sight during rapid trigger presses.

I'm reminded of GJM's thread about grip tension.

2.)
    I was watching a P&S video featuring Bob Vogel talking about trigger control, and as we've discussed quite intensely in this thread, we have to move our trigger finger while keeping the rest of our hand(s) still, and that's a bit unnatural. While I dry fire whenever I'm around my house and can get my hands on the guns, I'm currently on travel and thought to try something out. Facing my open palm, I practiced rapid trigger finger motion, and find that it's my middle finger that has the sympathetic motion. I find it's much easier to see than to feel, or rather that seeing it helps me isolate the feeling that's driving it. I note that this is something I can practice without having hands on the gun, much the same way that Gabe White's focus/co-incidence eyesight drills can be run without guns.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    Two recent thoughts:

1.)
    I've been working with a 92D and notice that I have my most stability in the sight picture when my strong hand palm at the beavertail is at less than maximum tension, it almost feels "relaxed". I'm still gripping hard with my fingers and the rest of my palm that's not pressed up against the beavertail. I'm also still making sure to get a as high and as "into" the frame for my grip, but the less muscle tension at the beavertail is what it takes for me right now to still the front sight during rapid trigger presses.

I'm reminded of GJM's thread about grip tension.

2.)
    I was watching a P&S video featuring Bob Vogel talking about trigger control, and as we've discussed quite intensely in this thread, we have to move our trigger finger while keeping the rest of our hand(s) still, and that's a bit unnatural. While I dry fire whenever I'm around my house and can get my hands on the guns, I'm currently on travel and thought to try something out. Facing my open palm, I practiced rapid trigger finger motion, and find that it's my middle finger that has the sympathetic motion. I find it's much easier to see than to feel, or rather that seeing it helps me isolate the feeling that's driving it. I note that this is something I can practice without having hands on the gun, much the same way that Gabe White's focus/co-incidence eyesight drills can be run without guns.
    Interesting. Personally I’m in a slightly different place where with I’m able to manage my sights.

1.) My strong hand thumb is exerting some pressure inboard to the frame of the pistol as part of my grip. It’s definitely not herculean levels of effort, but it’s also definitely not relaxed. Roughly on the same order of the same pressure as the rest of my grip. It’s simply another contact point for me. Doing this seems to have allowed me to free up some of the clamping force overall is seems to be aiding in an overall net positive for recoil management for me. This also means my support hand position and orientation has slightly changed and appears to be for the better.

2.) My sympathetic motion seems to come equally from all three remaining fingers and is very slight.

User Tag List