Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat EDC X9 1-week 600+-round overview

Those are Mec-Gar Walther PPQ/P99 mags with a different baseplate aren't they?
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I believe so; or very, very similar.
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Quote Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
    I believe so; or very, very similar.
    Are they really? That's awesome if so.

I'm always leery when a company comes up with a proprietary magazine format for a gun that may not exist in 20-years. I know that Wilson said they worked with Mec-Gar to make the mags, but if they are effectively PPQ/P99 mags, that's fantastic, because 1) That's a very solid magazine design overall. 2) The P99 mag has been out for 20+ years now and won't be going away any time soon (especially since the PPQ is so popular right now).

Does this mean extended PPQ mags will run in the Wilson?

The mag catch notch is relocated, too. walther mags won't just drop in.

This pistol has relegated my other 1911's to the safe. I'm a slave to 1911 fashion, so it's really saying something that this ugly pistol could make me park my custom 1911's
    Last edited by theJanitor; 02-25-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Does this mean extended PPQ mags will run in the Wilson?
    There’s at least one guy on the 1911forum using Taran Tactical +5 PPQ extensions with his X9 without issue. I think he just had to do some filing on the base plate.

Last I heard, Wilson was hoping to have extended magazines on the market sometime this quarter.

@WilsonCombatRep

I have no issues with someone spending a lot for flashy cars, guns, watches, etc. One of my friends that I served with just bought the EDC X9. He is the kind of guy that doesn't hesitate to spend $3K on a Schmidt & Bender scope or an AR. From reading OP's posts as well as reviews elsewhere I am left with the impression that this gun is a status symbol and basically does the same thing to the same level that a $379 police trade in Glock will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    I have no issues with someone spending a lot for flashy cars, guns, watches, etc. One of my friends that I served with just bought the EDC X9. He is the kind of guy that doesn't hesitate to spend $3K on a Schmidt & Bender scope or an AR. From reading OP's posts as well as reviews elsewhere I am left with the impression that this gun is a status symbol and basically does the same thing to the same level that a $379 police trade in Glock will do.
    Lol are you serious? Yes, this is a status symbol that already has 1,000+ rounds through it in the week I got it and rides on my hip in an inside the waistband holster. Your impression is flat out wrong. My guns, even my $3,000+ guns, get shot. That is what they are for and that is all they are for, not purchased as status symbols.

I have $500 Glocks with thousands of trouble-free rounds through them, ARs with thousands of rounds through them, and semi-custom - custom 1911s with thousands of rounds through them. I am a shooter, responsible concealed carrier, and competitor, not a collector.

Thanks.
    Last edited by usmc_k9_vet; 02-27-2019 at 05:09 PM.
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Oi vey people.

If someone wants to spend three grand on a pistol, a rifle, a dildo, whatever, who cares. Its their money, they're more than welcome to do as they see fit.

I desperately want one of these guns but I personally cant justify the cost. Im not at a place in my life where I can spend money on luxuries like this. For those of you that are, friggin ROCK on, I tip my hat to you and I hope that you enjoy the shit out of your purchase.

People posting BS about how three thousand dollar guns are nothing more than status symbols are simply jealous. Go crawl in a hole.

Any adult with two brain cells that has shot a few rounds and frequents this forum for the right reasons knows that objectively, a three thousand dollar pistol doesn't do anything demonstrably better than a 379 dollar police trade in Glock. Having said that, if a buyer wants to spend that kind of money and it gives them peace of mind and or has some small, minuscule feature that gives them confidence in the platform then once again, ROCK ON. Who gives a shit, grow up. Better yet, if a buyer wants it...VIVA LA CAPITALISM!

To the OP, go buy a second one bro. Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Oi vey people.

If someone wants to spend three grand on a pistol, a rifle, a dildo, whatever, who cares. Its their money, they're more than welcome to do as they see fit.

I desperately want one of these guns but I personally cant justify the cost. Im not at a place in my life where I can spend money on luxuries like this. For those of you that are, friggin ROCK on, I tip my hat to you and I hope that you enjoy the shit out of your purchase.

People posting BS about how three thousand dollar guns are nothing more than status symbols are simply jealous. Go crawl in a hole.

Any adult with two brain cells that has shot a few rounds and frequents this forum for the right reasons knows that objectively, a three thousand dollar pistol doesn't do anything demonstrably better than a 379 dollar police trade in Glock. Having said that, if a buyer wants to spend that kind of money and it gives them peace of mind and or has some small, minuscule feature that gives them confidence in the platform then once again, ROCK ON. Who gives a shit, grow up. Better yet, if a buyer wants it...VIVA LA CAPITALISM!

To the OP, go buy a second one bro. Good for you!
    Thank you. I have a similar mindset, I believe. I don't have a problem with whatever people decide to spend their money on (in general), even if it is something I cannot afford. I am also self-aware and objective enough to understand that a $3000 (or $6000) pistol is likely not going to do much for me over a $500 Glock. I am MUCH more interested in becoming more proficient as a shooter. I am also interested in trying different things. Currently, I switch between my Glocks, Berettas, 1911s, and now this EDC X9 for concealed carry, training, and competition; I will likely expand that list in the future. I enjoy shooting them all for different reasons, concealed carry them for different reasons sometimes (weather, attire, etc.), and enjoy shooting them in competitions and steel challenges. I think sometimes people forget that part of the reason we shoot (at least part of the reason I do) is to have FUN.

I also don't own any guns that are safe queens. That's not my thing, but to those of you who do, carry on and enjoy them however you like to! I will say that I really enjoy well-made firearms, but once I receive one, it will never look as pretty as it does on that day again.

Would love to own a second EDC X9. Never hurts to have a backup gun! However, I think next up will be an LTT Beretta.

The only time one should give even one little shit about what others think about what you pay for a pistol, or a rifle, or a truck, or a house, or anything else is when the money that paid for that pistol rifle, truck, house, etc. comes directly out of the pocket of those "others".

Otherwise . . . . those "others" are just background noise.

User Tag List