Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat EDC X9 1-week 600+-round overview

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    So for me I don’t care...but the armor tuff finish just sort of rubs off in kydex

Attachment 36565
    I'm right there with ya. Mine is still very new, but Armor Tuff is anything but tough. I couldn't care less and like the look of honest wear on a firearm.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Mine is wearing too. I don’t think the gun could get any less attractive, so I’m not caring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Mine is wearing too. I don’t think the gun could get any less attractive, so I’m not caring

Haha that’s what I’m talkin bout!

Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Name:  C43DEF8A-237C-4A31-A030-10EE5DE6EFDA.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  88.4 KB
    Looks legit. How'd you modify that mag?

Quote Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
    Looks legit. How'd you modify that mag?

Fits as is. X9 mag is ppq Body. Add ppq base plate. Done.

It may or may need a light touch of Dremel on the left side of the Taylor locking plate to clear the x9 grip funnel

Mine did.

Fits as is. X9 mag is ppq Body. Add ppq base plate. Done.

It may or may need a light touch of Dremel on the left side of the Taylor locking plate to clear the x9 grip funnel

Mine did.
    Very cool. Thank you for the info.

I've bought a few rear sights to try install on this pistol. The only one that went on without fitting was the wilson combat sights, but they were too low. Everything else needed a significant (to me) amount of filing. I've settled on a Dawson. Is edges are rounded for carry comfort, and most importantly, It's notch is tighter. The original sight combo was just too loose for my liking.

My accuracy has improved with the tighter sight picture. I'm still waiting on a new front sight from Wilson, but I'm still loving this pistol. I'm not shooting it as well as a standard 1911, but I'm getting there

I dropped mine off at Wilson yesterday to have a short trigger with a bit more pretravel added

I want to love this little gun but.....

At the moment I shoot tuned 92s so much more instinctively

I dropped mine off at Wilson yesterday to have a short trigger with a bit more pretravel added

I want to love this little gun but.....

At the moment I shoot tuned 92s so much more instinctively
    I am experiencing the same thing. I pretty much shot nothing but 1911-pattern and Ruger Standard-pattern pistols from the middle 1990s to 2010, but I shot the Elite LTT better on the timer after less than six months of practice. At the fifty-yard line, the 1911 still is my best grouping pistol, but I have shot Bullseye with the 1911 for more than a quarter century. So I have made a few fifty-yard shots with a 1911. I even did a turkey shoot with a 1911. I should shoot the 1911 better at distance. But I am closing the gap by practicing with the Elite LTT.

As for the cost of the pistol versus utility, I find the cost of the pistol, in the long run, to be irrelevant. The significant costs are almost independent of platform, basically ammo, cleaning supplies, and range/match/target costs. The one-time costs are not the issue; it is the recurring costs. I bought more than 20,000 rounds in 2018, about 14,000 were .22 rimfire. The rest was 12-gauge, 28-gauge, 9x19, and .45 ACP. That cost dwarfed any pistol cost, including custom 1911 pistols.

User Tag List