Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: J for pocket.

You know, that Combat grip doesn’t look that much bigger than the Boot grips. Is that just an optical illusion or is that real?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Altamont Combat isn't that much bigger.
    The Hogue Combat is too large for me; feels fat.

Not much bigger...

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    You know, that Combat grip doesn’t look that much bigger than the Boot grips. Is that just an optical illusion or is that real?
    It adds just a little pinky finger spot. Here is a pic I just tripped across that shows the Boot on my 340 and the Combat on my 638:
    Name:  J Weights.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  55.6 KB
    Also not affiliated with Altamont in any way, but I think they are a deal. The Boot grips are only $33 if they are plain (as pictured) and the Combats only $35.

Are the plains (uncheckered) slippery if sweaty or during strings of fire?

Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Are the plains (uncheckered) slippery if sweaty or during strings of fire?
    They probably look worse than they are. They look shiny like somebody rubbed snot on them, but the finish they use is IMO pretty, without being slimy. Checkered would be better, of course.

For pocket the smaller the grip the better, for shooting a large grip is better. There is always a trade off. I decided on the 642 for carry a long time ago, I like pocket carry and it seems the best bet so far, I got 2 of them. I can carry a Ruger LC9 in my pocket but it is impossible to wrap my hand around the handle and get it out of my pocket plus the LC weighs 3 oz. more.

What grips do you use?

Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I’m thinking one of these two in walnut or silver black.

There’s also the PC version with similar grips already

I had those in walnut - great grips. I swapped em out for CT LG-105s; otherwise would have kept them.

Name:  IMG_0120.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  67.3 KB

Newyork, I carry these 99 days out of 100. 340PD, Aholster and VZ grips. I prefer stocks that stop at the bottom of the frame so I can wrap my little finger underneath, ala cowboy style to keep the revolver from rotating in my hand. I find the shorter stocks conceal and draw a little better than ones longer than frame. CYA Mike
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pipes View Post
    Name:  IMG_0120.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  67.3 KB

Newyork, I carry these 99 days out of 100. 340PD, Aholster and VZ grips. I prefer stocks that stop at the bottom of the frame so I can wrap my little finger underneath, ala cowboy style to keep the revolver from rotating in my hand. I find the shorter stocks conceal and draw a little better than ones longer than frame. CYA Mike
    Ah yes, I’ve eyed those particular style of VZ Grips as well. Obviously you like them if you’ve got two pair and carry them all the time. I’m assuming they’re grippy enough in the VZ 320 style?

User Tag List