Thread: TX: Renewal Time Brag on TX-DPS

Site Supporter

TX: Renewal Time Brag on TX-DPS

WifeGBiv renewed her carry license earlier this month. Renewed license was in hand in 13 calendar days, including 5 weekend/holiday days.

8 business days, including mailing time.

If any of you folks work for the licensing division of TX DPS... You're doing an awesome job! Thanks!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I've had even faster service from AZ DPS, under a week to receive CCW permit and LEOSA qualification cards.

Good work AZ and TX.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

I still prefer the Alabama renewal process. The longest my renewal has ever taken was fifteen minutes -- and that was because I was chatting with the lady processing my renewal and wandered back to chat with my gunsmith whose full-time job is at the Sheriff's office.

Georgia's licenses are done by county probate courts. Our county is notoriously slow and blatantly flaunts state law that requires issue within 30 days (IIRC) to those who qualify. My last renewal took over 4 months.

The judge took offense that he was being sued over taking so long.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    WifeGBiv
    *Totally* and completely off topic, but, you’ve spoken of "WifeGBiv" more than once, and each time it cracks me up.

Makes me think of one of those hip, mail order clothing company catalogs that we all somehow end up subscribed to if we live long enough describing t-shirt and tennis shoe options:

Wisteria
    Ivory
    Fuchsia
    Eggplant

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List