Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Benchmade is a dumpster fire right now

Lost my mini grip about two weeks ago. Guess I won't be replacing it with another.
    "Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    The gun chop thing I can ignore as a "support your local PD" publicity faux pas.
    $10k+ per year donations to anti-gun politicians... I can't support that.
    ^^This^^ is the real issue.

<- Has quite a few Benchmades, and am disappointed if true.

They contributed to Martin Heinrich (D) Senator from NM...
    While not an excuse for his 2A stances, Heinrich has been a vocal advocate for hunting and public lands and has been a stout conservationist. Do a search for him at the BHA link in my sig line.

Again, not defending all his stances, but BM has done some things in the hunting sphere. Shit, I think Kimber gave some money to Heinrich... I may be wrong on that though.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

They contributed to Martin Heinrich (D) Senator from NM, open borders, anti-gun.
    So, not only do they spend money fucking Oregon and Washington, they spread it out to New Mexico as well.
    Also it appears they really ramped up their contributions in 2016... I'll bet the owners have pink pussy hats that they wear proudly.
    The gun chop thing I can ignore as a "support your local PD" publicity faux pas.
    $10k+ per year donations to anti-gun politicians... I can't support that.
    I dunno... I don't like democrats, but, are we treating this like a political witch hunt?

This isn't a corporate donation, mores just individual contributions: https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/rec...t=A&cycle=2018 (Edited - I included the 2016 link where they donated 14K, but not to any NM pols)

They supported Kurt Schrader (https://www.opb.org/news/article/ore...arry-gun-bill/) which hasn't been a bad thing...

I mean, my employer donates a shit ton to people I don't agree with politically (Beto, Warren, Pelosi, Zordani (who lost in IL - thank god)), but, I've got to earn a living and keep working...

I like my mini-barrages and have been eyeing the 550 reissue (crooked river) which was the best blade they ever made...
    Last edited by Sal Picante; 02-21-2019 at 10:16 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    While not an excuse for his 2A stances, Heinrich has been a vocal advocate for hunting and public lands and has been a stout conservationist. Do a search for him at the BHA link in my sig line.

Again, not defending all his stances, but BM has done some things in the hunting sphere. Shit, I think Kimber gave some money to Heinrich... I may be wrong on that though.
    Dividing gun owners into hunters and defensive gun owners so that the groups can be conquered one at a time is a decades old strategy. Supporting hunting means nothing to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Dividing gun owners into hunters and defensive gun owners so that the groups can be conquered one at a time is a decades old strategy. Supporting hunting means nothing to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And it is a disgusting strategy but I don’t think that is what we are seeing here... at least in the context of BM willfully maneuvering. I apologize if my previous post was unclear on that.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I dunno... I don't like democrats, but, are we treating this like a political witch hunt?
    Yes.
    Yes I am.
    My state is on the verge of making me a criminal overnight for doing the exact same thing i've done lawfully for over 40 years.
    Once i'm made aware that a business is actively supporting those who seek to make me a criminal, I will not help them buy the rope to hang me.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    I have a strange idea. I don't buy into corporations being 'people' who can donate. Living human beings can donate. Also, in my weird point of view, you could only donate to candidate running in elections designated by state or locality if you live in that place.

No outside money. Live in Brooklyn, donate in Brooklyn. Live in Texas you don't donate to Brooklyn or vice versa.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    And it is a disgusting strategy but I don’t think that is what we are seeing here... at least in the context of BM willfully maneuvering. I apologize if my previous post was unclear on that.
    I don't think that is what they intend to accomplish. I do think they have fallen into exactly the same thought patterns that the anti-gun Democrats hope to achieve. If they truly "support" the Second Amendment, they should know better.

Yes.
    Yes I am.
    My state is on the verge of making me a criminal overnight for doing the exact same thing i've done lawfully for over 40 years.
    Once i'm made aware that a business is actively supporting those who seek to make me a criminal, I will not help them buy the rope to hang me.

The system we have supports people who will make you a criminal. What can I tell you... I fought the fight in IL for years. Good luck. I hate the state of affairs and hate the fact that I may have to miss some great enchiladas if things go too stupid.

User Tag List