Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Benchmade is a dumpster fire right now

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I don't go looking into a companies politics, but I do take notice when the company puts politics front and center.

"Don't ask, don't tell" should be taught in business school.
    I’ve often wondered what problem companies are trying solve by jumping on momentary hot issues. The type of people who care about whatever thing is trendy are 3 second attention span thinkers.

Freedom is freedom. Company makes money...do what you want with it. Give it to conversatives, give it to liberal shitbags, burn it. Whatever.

But why...Why must you tell me how you feel about everything?

Why not just sell me batteries, latex gloves, lubricants, candy canes or whatever other weird shit you make and keep your mouth shut?

Chances are even if I hate what you believe in - If your product is the best I’ll still use it.
    Last edited by Duke; 02-21-2019 at 12:17 AM.

My theory is that at a certain point in a company's growth (or after an acquisition by a bigger company), the guys who really know that business are replaced by MBA's from the "right" schools.
    People who technically know how business in general works, but don't grok that particular business & clientele.

So, stupid virtue signaling happens, and 'get woke, go broke' occurs.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Oregon City Police took down their thank you Benchmade post and replaced it with an explanation of what occurred. I think things may have been somewhat blown out if proportion, but if the Dems they gave money to are truly anti-gun, then I'll happily buy other brands if knives.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

With all the awful gun legislation pending in WA right now that nobody seems to be talking about I’ll be very interesting to see where BM’s money is going.

I’m saddened due to the fact BM has worked with some of the conservation orgs I am happily a part of.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Looks like they addressed the gun-destroying issue, but not the political-contribution issue.

Attachment 35357

CWM11B
    Yeah, don't know about BM politics, but when I saw this I figured it was court ordered destruction, and BM got contracted to cut them up since they gave a shop with lots of metal cutting tools. I've had to oversee plenty of firearms, from junk to pieces that almost made me cry, go in to the crusher. Pretty much all involved hated seeing it happen. Except for all the High Points, Lorcins, etc. Watching my team's MP5SDs get a torch taken to them killed part of my soul.

Site Supporter
    I am a lot less concerned about destroying stuff than I am about the donations to politicians.

If they are donating to Democratic politicians, that is in direct contradiction to support for Second Amendment rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Watching my team's MP5SDs get a torch taken to them killed part of my soul.
    Ouch, yeah, that would be a sad day.

They contributed to Martin Heinrich (D) Senator from NM, open borders, anti-gun.
    So, not only do they spend money fucking Oregon and Washington, they spread it out to New Mexico as well.
    Also it appears they really ramped up their contributions in 2016... I'll bet the owners have pink pussy hats that they wear proudly.
    The gun chop thing I can ignore as a "support your local PD" publicity faux pas.
    $10k+ per year donations to anti-gun politicians... I can't support that.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Nothing like sending money to the political opponents of a large section of your customer base to get business a boomin.

I swear people are getting dumber across the board these days.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List