Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Benchmade is a dumpster fire right now

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post

Re: the electrons flying: I have been self-employed for 11 1/2 years right now, and have learned a thing or two about marketing during that time. Discounting the power of those electrons flying around is a huge mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can see that to a certain extent from the private sector business standpoint, but I also note that political left mounts massive social media/email blitzes to intimidate businesses when there was never any substance.

As to the public sector, why would the Oregon City Police Chief and the city government there care about the opinions of people in GA, IA, TX, etc?

Locally, someone placed a swastika on the front door of a Mexican restaurant. The owner of the restaurant posted a picture of it on social media but expressly told us that he didn't want an investigation or prosecution. For days I received calls and emails from people all over the U.S. demanding that I hunt down the perpetrators and prosecute them for a "hate crime". Well, GA doesn't have hate crime legislation, but that didn't matter to such people. I should charge them with a non-existent hate crime because the interweb demands it.

We had a guy bust out every piece of glass on one side of a car to set free a dog despite being told that animal control and deputies were on the way. He turned the dog loose in a busy parking lot, and that is where the owner found it. The owner pressed charges against him for the property damage. The guy then got in front of news cameras and pronounced that he was a Gulf War veteran who had seen death and destruction and just couldn't stand to see that dog in the car. The media ran with stories of "Veteran Arrested After Saving Dog From Car". None of the media outlets would use the pictures of the entire driver's side of the vehicle being devoid of glass. None actually verified his military service. It turns out that he arrived in Kuwait in December of 1991. I received hate mail, angry phone calls, social media fire missions, and even one of those Change petitions.

I didn't hear about either of the above at local restaurants, grocery stores, ball games, etc. We won the next election with 70% of the vote.

The interweb gives people the instant ability to pontificate, but it doesn't necessarily attach value to those opinions. The value of those opinions is determined by the recipient.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Surefire also donates to anti gun democrats.

Makes me wonder how many other companies who make money from the gun industry donates to people who hate guns...

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post

Makes me wonder how many other companies who make money from the gun industry donates to people who hate guns...
    Anti gun democrats who are pro war. Companies like Surefire are much more interested in maintaining perpetual war than they are about the rights of Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Anti gun democrats who are pro war. Companies like Surefire are much more interested in maintaining perpetual war than they are about the rights of Americans.
    Sounds like another reason to not buy surefire. Always liked olight better anyways....

I really love my benchmade knives though and hate spyderco. Damn.

On the plus side, ZT makes great knives.

Most companies who do Mil/FedLE business donate to Democrats and the majority of Democrats (and Republicans) at the national level are anti-gun.
    It's when they pop up on my radar with virtue signalling that I start looking to do business elsewhere.

I know how sausage is made.
    I've seen sausage being made and even made a little myself.
    Doesn't mean i'm going to eat me a big old plate of it while the butcher is standing next to my table covered in blood, guts, lips and assholes.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Sounds like another reason to not buy surefire. Always liked olight better anyways.

My first employer was a staunch hunter, republican, conservative, capitalist. We had fundraisers for Wasserman-Schultz when she was just local because she was pro school development spending and we were a school builder.

I disliked her from the very first meeting, and I never did square myself with that practice.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Yes.
    Yes I am.
    My state is on the verge of making me a criminal overnight for doing the exact same thing i've done lawfully for over 40 years.
    Once i'm made aware that a business is actively supporting those who seek to make me a criminal, I will not help them buy the rope to hang me.
    100% aligned with your comments.

Bottom line, gun owners are funding the attacks against our rights far too often. Sometimes we don't know who the enemy is, looking at you Benchmade. Other times we stick our heads in the sand because there really isn't an alternative. You need a mobile phone or computer, what's the 2A friendly option? You want to fill up the fuel tank in your vehicle, what's the 2A friendly option? That list goes on and on. We have to figure out which companies are friend or foe and do better at cutting off our hard earned dollars from those who are working against us. At the rate we're going, we'll pull our heads out of the sand to find our rights are gone and we've become criminals from the stroke of a pen. When that happens the inconvenience of avoiding anti-gun companies will be a cakewalk compared to the alternatives.

To be honest -

I suspect that Benchmade is playing the same game, just on a smaller scale.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    My first employer was a staunch hunter, republican, conservative, capitalist. We had fundraisers for Wasserman-Schultz when she was just local because she was pro school development spending and we were a school builder.

I disliked her from the very first meeting, and I never did square myself with that practice.
    At the end of the day, the votes that people cast and the politicians and causes they donate to tell the real story of where their convictions lay. It's most often directly tied to their bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    To be honest -

I suspect that Benchmade is playing the same game, just on a smaller scale.
    I doubt Benchmade has the kinds of gov contracts that Surefire does but I agree, they're interested in money and not the rights of the basement larpers who save up for 6 months then wait a year to get their stamp approved for their suppressor.

User Tag List