Thread: Agency Arms "Budget" Glock Parts

Agency Arms "Budget" Glock Parts

Budget is somewhat subjective. Maybe I should say less expensive.

Anyway, it appears that Agency Arms has a new line of Glock parts being sold under the name of "Syndicate." The parts are available for Gen 1-3 G19 now and should be available for G17 as well and Gen 4 guns fairly soon.

I like the idea of the polymer flat trigger for $60. I also like the idea of the slide with the adaptable optics plate for $550. Agency's other budget slide, the Patrol, is $700 with an optics cut and is not available with the AOS multi plate.

https://www.midwayusa.com/s?userSear...temsPerPage=24

https://youtu.be/rsTLBrbRzEI

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I talked to Agency today. The Gen 4 19 slide should be shipping first of the month.

I might pick up one of these slides when they become available to run on my Nomad frame. Right now I'm using a Brownells slide and the front cocking serrations are very sharp. They are chewing my leather holster to bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    People should buy, use, and do whatever they want to their property, but just be aware that any trigger that has to modify the vertical extension like this:

Attachment 35430
    reduces pre-travel so much that the amount of "engagement" between the trigger bar cruciform and trigger mechanism housing "shelf" (i.e., the so-called drop safety) has been reduced by about 80% compared to OEM. If that's what you are looking for in a Glock trigger, then this is for you. BTW, that mod to the trigger bar vertical extension is necessary on their trigger because it if wasn't done the firing pin safety would be deactivated when the trigger is fully forward and at rest.

I'm not trying to denigrate their products. Just providing info -- info I spend about 20 hours a week explaining to people at my other job as I attempt to talk them out of being a customer.

Personally, I would not consider using a aftermarket trigger that needs to modify the trigger bar to maintain any of the standard Glock safety mechanisms. But I'm just some dude on the internet with an opinion and approximately 0 followers on social media. My opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it.
    Good points regarding the trigger.

While few on this board would argue the need for such an "upgrade" in a carry or defensive piece, the market for something like this is strong for those who want to use a Glock for USPSA, IDPA, etc. In this case cheaper is maybe better? I'd be more interested in trying an Agency trigger for $60 rather than $120 for the same thing but with an aluminium trigger piece.

Last edited by Tokarev; 02-23-2019 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    People should buy, use, and do whatever they want to their property, but just be aware that any trigger that has to modify the vertical extension like this:

Attachment 35430
    reduces pre-travel so much that the amount of "engagement" between the trigger bar cruciform and trigger mechanism housing "shelf" (i.e., the so-called drop safety) has been reduced by about 80% compared to OEM. If that's what you are looking for in a Glock trigger, then this is for you. BTW, that mod to the trigger bar vertical extension is necessary on their trigger because it if wasn't done the firing pin safety would be deactivated when the trigger is fully forward and at rest.

I'm not trying to denigrate their products. Just providing info -- info I spend about 20 hours a week explaining to people at my other job as I attempt to talk them out of being a customer.

Personally, I would not consider using a aftermarket trigger that needs to modify the trigger bar to maintain any of the standard Glock safety mechanisms. But I'm just some dude on the internet with an opinion and approximately 0 followers on social media. My opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it.
    I put a factory trigger bar on my Agency trigger and it does not contact the striker safety block(factory or Apex). The scallop cut doesn't alter the final height or position of the lifter tab. The curve simply lifts the block more progressively so you don't feel the subtle bump as it contacts the block during what little pre-travel there is. The way to eyeball safe pre-travel reduction in Glocks is to use the line formed between the centers of the trigger frame pin and trigger bar pin, then compare it to the takedown slot. None of the triggers with a steeper angle touch the striker block or protrude past the drop safety slot. The early version Suarez which was known not to pass drop-safe tests does however. You can see how much more it's pre-pulled on the bottom right.

Name:  triggers.jpg
Views: 3743
Size:  99.9 KB

User Tag List