Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New pistol: TRB RS9

Site Supporter
    I like that it's called the "Vampir." I feel compelled to say it in a faux eastern European accent. Repeatedly.

Perhaps there's some Sig lineage in there--the takedown lever had the tell-tale round lug on the right. And I think I saw what resembled a locking insert on the fieldstrip shot. And if it's already in military service... I'm sure it's a solid gun. And I'm glad to see high-quality, all-metal DA/SA guns getting some interest.

That said... I'm not sure why I'd pick this over an Arex? Come to think of it... I never bought an Arex either. Not that I wasn't impressed by what I saw/heard about the Arex. But my 1988 P226 fills the "big, fat full-sized 9mm that I don't carry" niche just fine.

Now if Eastern Europe wants to give me a P239ish sort of experience? I'd be more interested.

As a side note... I also think it's interesting that this gun, the Arex and the Zastava all (apparently) use internal extractors, when Sig went to all external.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 02-21-2019 at 01:44 AM.

I'll bet it's a great service pistol. But I have a Beretta M9 that fills the bill for Hicap 9mm. It looks like they put the slide catch in the same rearward position as SIG which just doesn't work for me. My next pistol should be a airweight J frame, something I won't mind carrying around a bit...….

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I like that it's called the "Vampir." I feel compelled to say it in a faux eastern European accent. Repeatedly.

Perhaps there's some Sig lineage in there--the takedown lever had the tell-tale round lug on the right. And I think I saw what resembled a locking insert on the fieldstrip shot. And if it's already in military service... I'm sure it's a solid gun. And I'm glad to see high-quality, all-metal DA/SA guns getting some interest.

That said... I'm not sure why I'd pick this over an Arex?
    Come to think of it... I never bought an Arex either. Not that I wasn't impressed by what I saw/heard about the Arex. But my 1988 P226 fills the "big, fat full-sized 9mm that I don't carry" niche just fine.

Now if Eastern Europe wants to give me a P239ish sort of experience? I'd be more interested.

As a side note... I also think it's interesting that this gun, the Arex and the Zastava all (apparently) use internal extractors, when Sig went to all external.

Id pick it over the rex zero for the simple fact that its decock only while the rex zero has that dumb safety which made me discount the gun altogether.

Seems to have a pretty high bore axis.

Anyway, might be an interesting gun but with Beretta's and the Sig P series so far along on the learning curve with lots of spare parts, cheap mags etc. I see little reason to turn to new eastern European creations unless they are very, very cheap.

If the US street price is under 5 bills, I might grab one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List