Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Plus 1. Yes or no? Why or why not....

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I am a fan of Kel-Tec pocket pistols, but anyone carrying a P-32 with the factory 9 lb. spring with 7 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber has a serious likelihood of carrying a single shot pistol. In the case of my example, that likelihood was 40% to 50%. Anyone who never shot the gun with more than 7 rounds loaded would never discover the issue. Testing the pistol in this manner caused me to change to Wolff 11 lb. recoil springs, reducing this likelihood to zero.

Both of my Kel-Tec pistols run best with recoil springs 2 lb. heavier than normal. I run 13 lb. in my P3AT, which reduced malfunctions from 5% to zero.

... sneaks away to change the recoil springs in his P32. (I haven't had issues, but it does seem... "light")

I don't because I'm too lazy to find a barney mag.

If 28 rounds of 9x19 don't fix the problem, 29 won't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I don't because I'm too lazy to find a barney mag.

If 28 rounds of 9x19 don't fix the problem, 29 won't either.
    You never know when that 1 extra round will make the difference.

"When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
    An' go to your Gawd like a soldier."
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I normally load off my reload/spare magazine and stick my carry mag in the gun after charged.

Why? I'd rather have it and not need it, over need it and not have it. I don't disagree with the sentiment that "what's 1 more round in the grand scheme" but I might need it for myself if I get bit by a zombie.
    Last edited by jwperry; 02-20-2019 at 05:05 PM.

"My gas tank holds 13 gallons. I only fill up 12 though."

I've had one VP9 and two P320 magazines that were so tight when new that the gun would not cycle loaded +1. So of course always test your mags if you carry this way.

BTW the P320 mags in question were OEM SIG made by Checkmate. Even after a month of sitting loaded they're still too tight. They are simply poorly made. New OEM SIG magazines made by Mec-Gar never did this.

Site Supporter
    I've spent most of my career with the .40 SIG 226 and 229, significant time with the 9mm SIG 226, 228, and 239, a couple of years with the FNS-9, and several years with the 9mm S&W Shield. I also was involved in training officers with most of those weapons. We never had problems with full magazines and loaded chambers. I would agree that I would tend to ditch a pistol that wouldn't allow carry of full magazines as a duty or defensive pistol.

I will note that new magazines can be somewhat finicky. The FN magazines were troublesome at first, but broke in acceptably.
    Last edited by jnc36rcpd; 02-20-2019 at 05:27 PM.

Everything here is fully loaded or plus one.

Been doing it that way since the 80s.

Even Sig P320 mags. No issues.

Policy dictates it as well. No issues department wide for 20 plus years with Beretta 92s, M&p or g17s.

Regards.

No reason for me not to. Only situation I don't is if I have a gun stored without one in the pipe for some odd reason (testing new holster I don't trust around the house or something).
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    You never know when that 1 extra round will make the difference.

"When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
    An' go to your Gawd like a soldier."
    I haven't needed a single one in 52 years. I think I can coast the next 35 or so without plus 1.

I'm not concerned
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 02-20-2019 at 06:38 PM.

User Tag List