Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Plus 1. Yes or no? Why or why not....

Plus 1. Yes or no? Why or why not....

Carry gun -

Do you plus one or not?

I don’t. Open to critique one way or the other

Hammertime
    I always add one to the full mag after chambering.

But I don’t usually (ever) test reliability that way so maybe it’s not a good idea.

Site Supporter
    I go with a round in the chamber and a full mag. When practicing that's how I run it and it's never caused a problem. Besides, mo' ammo, mo' betta!

OTOH, I download my spare mag by one because it takes a positive shove to insert a full one but is much easier when one down.

All the time when I administratively load in practice, training, competition and carry.
    Why not?
    It's a freebie and in some guns it's a significant capacity upgrade percentage wise.
    If a pistol won't run topped off +1 it'd get sold off in a heartbeat.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Generally, no.

RE Glock specifically, definitely no.

RE 1911, Generally yes.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    All the time when I administratively load in practice, training, competition and carry.
    Why not?
    It's a freebie and in some guns it's a significant capacity upgrade percentage wise.
    If a pistol won't run topped off +1 it'd get sold off in a heartbeat.
    This.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Yes. Per policy and why wouldn't I? Anything that won't run right topped off or I can't insert a full mag in isn't a serious carry piece, IMO.

I wouldn't make a big deal of it if someone didn't want to, I just don't see a reason not to.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I don't download any single stack magazine but all my high capacity, double-stack magazines (Glocks particularly) get downloaded at least one round. The download thing doesn't have anything to do with the gun "running" reliably in that condition, it's about mitigating a shooter induced malfunction.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    I don't download any single stack magazine but all my high capacity, double-stack magazines (Glocks particularly) get downloaded at least one round. The download thing doesn't have anything to do with the gun "running" reliably in that condition, it's about mitigating a shooter induced malfunction.
    You lost me there. How does having a full mag cause a shooter induced malfunction?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Ammo in the gun = time in the fight. I always carry with a full magazine and 1 in the chamber.

I do not always practice this way, but I always test equipment this way.

I am a fan of Kel-Tec pocket pistols, but anyone carrying a P-32 with the factory 9 lb. spring with 7 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber has a serious likelihood of carrying a single shot pistol. In the case of my example, that likelihood was 40% to 50%. Anyone who never shot the gun with more than 7 rounds loaded would never discover the issue. Testing the pistol in this manner caused me to change to Wolff 11 lb. recoil springs, reducing this likelihood to zero.

Both of my Kel-Tec pistols run best with recoil springs 2 lb. heavier than normal. I run 13 lb. in my P3AT, which reduced malfunctions from 5% to zero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List