Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously considering dumping Glock for Beretta. Thoughts?

Life's too short

To put up with guns you don't shoot well (or are a chore to shoot well) or don't enjoy shooting.

I went through the same thing but it was Glock vs CZ. I haven't owned a Glock since I think 2012 - 2013 and I never will again.

Dump your Glocks, get something you like, FORGET what others think, and put the pedal to the metal.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 02-21-2019 at 07:10 AM.

I would buy an NP3 TJIB from LTT along w/ some 12, 13 ,14 hammer springs. Install in your 92A1. This gets you close to an LTT for <$300. Shoot your new 92A1 for a while longer and then decide.

For less cost you could spruce up your 92A1 to near LTT standards. Buy more mags for the 92, keep the Glocks. I have two Berettas and zero Glocks.

I say DO IT.

Not everyone gets along best with Glocks. Good thing they ain't the only show in town.

As many others have indicated, you have to WANT to shoot what your shooting to really get good with it. You've been hot and cold on GLOCKs for a long time. I'd say put them in the safe and ONLY shoot the 92, as is, for a while. If your performance continues to exceed your Glock shooting, THEN go whole hog.

I'll also add that, IMHO, the difference between a 94 and a 98 on a 25 yard target is VERY unlikely to be a determining factor in gunfight performance. Before going hog wild in the "accuracy trap," run both guns on timed drills as well, and see what you see.

I dumped a gen4 g17 for a px4 compact. Plan on dumping my gen 3 g19 for an as yet undetermined pistol in the near future and getting away from glock completely.......ergonomics and trigger feel were just not to my liking..........certain people (john lovell prominent among them) say "glocks are perfect, you just work through the ergonomics" but why should i do that when there are guns out there with comparable reliability and comparable
    Or better accuracy than glocks that fit me MUCH better?

I’d try carrying the Beretta for a while before switching.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    As many others have indicated, you have to WANT to shoot what your shooting to really get good with it. You've been hot and cold on GLOCKs for a long time. I'd say put them in the safe and ONLY shoot the 92, as is, for a while. If your performance continues to exceed your Glock shooting, THEN go whole hog.

I'll also add that, IMHO, the difference between a 94 and a 98 on a 25 yard target is VERY unlikely to be a determining factor in gunfight performance. Before going hog wild in the "accuracy trap," run both guns on timed drills as well, and see what you see.
    Good advice right here.

As well, there's a "trigger feel" trap. How smooth or gritty the trigger feels when you're pulling it really slow doesn't matter.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’d try carrying the Beretta for a while before switching.
    True words

I like berettas but when I carried them (Brig tac and centurion) the weight could definitely be felt. Also length of the gun may play a roll as well. If I did some moderate activity I could feel it even more. They concealed well but sadly b92s and RMRs don’t work well together and once the ACRO or other dots come out I plan to go with a red dot.

Edit to add: Many people here have reported when they went to a new gun they experienced the honeymoon phase were their performance increased for a little while. So I would keep your 45s and keep playing with your 92a1. Add a TJIB and have fun.

Also
    Last edited by EVP; 02-21-2019 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Good advice right here.

As well, there's a "trigger feel" trap. How smooth or gritty the trigger feels when you're pulling it really slow doesn't matter.
    All of the feedback is great, thanks everyone! These two especially and specifically call out "traps" that we as shooters fall into.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

User Tag List