Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously considering dumping Glock for Beretta. Thoughts?

Site Supporter
    Train with the 92A1 a bit more to see if you really want to make the switch.

Even though I'm on the 92 and PX4 platform fulltime, I still can't get rid of all the Glocks I have.

The 92A1 can shoot remarkably like the Elite LTT if you add a TJIAB, LTT grips, and same sights. It depends how far you need to take “two of the same”. But it is a shame to have that smooth rounded Elite LTT frame and not use that on the range, so... Go man, just make it so.

I would also vote wait for a little bit but other than that do it. I say wait because you stated that you’re carrying the 642 during the week. It won’t hurt to spend more time with the Beretta before you make up your mind.

One more thing. You’re shooting the 92A1 well. You could always just pick up another one of those for cheap and set it up the same. The LTT is really nice but it isn’t going to gain you enough performance per dollar spent to justify the up front cost. (My opinion obviously).

I’ve bought and sold a lot of guns. Glocks always seem to show back up eventually. Having a pair of vetted G45’s in reserve won’t hurt anything. They’re paid for. You can’t lose money on a gun you never sell.

I would suggest honestly evaluating why you want to change is the key.

If you want to change to Beretta because you are bored with Glocks I would say go for it.

If you want to change because you think the Beretta trigger pull is a better complement to your 642, I say go for it.

If you want to broaden your horizons and spend time and effort mastering the da/sa auto, I say go for it

However, if you want to change because you believe the Beretta offers a performance upgrade in your hands, I say approach with caution. As many have already stated, your initial increase in performance may just be because the new gun is forcing you to focus on the fundamentals more, a placebo effect that won't last. In order to rule that out you would need to compare both guns over a series of objective measurable standards over a period of time to prove the increase in performance is real. I would expect this would take thousands of rounds over months.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I knew I had to have an LTT the second I picked it up a week ago. I don’t know if I’m going to “dump” Glock but the 92 LTT will absolutely be my carry, comp and range gun for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had a vetted Glock, I would not sell it.

Says the guy who does not own a Glock, and has sold off several.
    Taking a break from social media.

I basically went through the same situation when I got a 9mm 1911. I can shoots glocks pretty well 15 yards and in, struggle at 25. I shoot the 9mm 1911 well out to 50, with a fraction of the rounds. I like being able to competently shoot with any platform/trigger but I am about done sinking ammo and time into a platform that just doesn't work as well for me.

I am also a big proponent of the passion/cool factor. If you are passionate and into the platform, you are way more likely to train with it. I accept that fact with the understanding that the 9mm 1911 takes more work (sort of) then my glock and I need to be my own armorer. Long winded but I say shoot it a little more, consider if this is what you really want and then plow forward. SLG once gave me the advice not to listen to others about what gun is best or that gun fit doesn't matter, you will just go round and round in platforms. Wish I would have tried the 1911 years ago.

also metal guns are fucking awesome
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 02-20-2019 at 11:51 PM.

Site Supporter
    I went from owning 5 different Glocks to just owning one. I also got rid of most of my pizza guns too.

Definitely not your usual PF'er. In fact I think that gives me negative PF points for selling off Glocks and Beretta 92s, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

You seem like you pretty well know what you're looking for in a gun, so the obligatory "buy a Glock 19 and a case of ammo and training" applies less to you. If the Beretta offers you objectively similar performance I say go for it. Berettas are awesome.

There will always be Glocks. And they'll always be available for a fairly decent price and they're like sand. You don't really ever get rid of all of them.

Life is too short and the gun market too saturated with quality blasters (a good thing) to shoot a gun that doesn't excite you in every way.

Now. Back to ogling 1911s for me, as per usual.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My wife and I both have g19s. We hardly shoot them and I only carry mine when around salt water or running. Even though I don't shoot it often I am always impressed that all my improvements made while shooting 1911s and revolvers have carried over. I don't particularly like glocks but I feel having one as backup is a good idea.

In your position I wouldn't sell both the g45s. Mabe just one. I know you say you like having 2 identical guns. Im similar, I like having backups but they don't need to be identical.

Your current Beretta is a fine backup and the Glock should stay as a constant.

I switch guns because I like to learn how to master new platforms. I don't believe it will ever make a difference in a fight.

I see more threads about seller's remorse as I travel the intertubes than I do about buyer's remorse. I say if you have the means, keep the Glocks until such time farther into the future you're more than 100% sure you won't ever shoot them again.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List