Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously considering dumping Glock for Beretta. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Numbers matter but at the end of the day, none of this really matters provided you're training consistently, you're aware of your surroundings and you don't get yourself involved in stupid shit that would result in you needing to draw a firearm. Yes, im very much aware that those situations sometimes choose us but a fighting mindset is more important than .01 improvement on a draw or a higher score on a qualification.
    Sums up my personal thoughts nicely. I’m a pretty big Beretta fan...but I’ve been on a Glock kick lately. I’ll probably swing back to Beretta’s as it warms up and I start shooting more competitions. There’s something to be said for the “Passion of the Gun” that motivates you to train and shoot more too.
    Shoot more, post less...

I note having at least one double action eventually improves my abilities with all my guns, glocks included.
    Last edited by GlockenSpiel; 02-20-2019 at 05:46 PM.

Performance wise, I don't think it matters. I can't imagine ever being without at least a few Glock 19s. I always want to stay proficient with them.

Swapping guns is an expensive pain in the ass that requires new holsters, mags, sights, parts, grips, etc. It really, really, really has to be worth it before I'll do that.

On the other hand, if getting a new gun will help you become a better shooter, then it might be worth it. Sometimes, the focus needed to learn a new gun stimulates training intensity. People often level up after getting new gear.

Why not get ONE new gun, and see how it works out before investing in two, and selling all your Glocks?
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 02-20-2019 at 07:26 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    I would definitely keep at least one of the Glocks and most of the mags. You may become a lifetime Beretta shooter, but the list of people who have left Glocks and returned to Glocks is rather lengthy. It's good to keep one around just as a reference piece.

I think the real question here is, in 6 more weeks will you see the same bump in performance? What about 6 more weeks after that? Is this you just jiving that well with the 92 or just something new and interesting that’s given you the drive or kick in the pants to improve?

Last year I bought a 92FS and a P-07. I debated between Beretta and CZ which platform I was going to leave Glock for. Shot and dryfired both with roughly equal round counts. I ultimately settled on going CZ and got a P-09. And then did a bunch more shooting and dryfire with it. Then after all of that, I grabbed a G17 and G19 for comparison.

My ultimate conclusion? I literally shoot all 3 platforms roughly the same. So now I’m 3 pistols deep on a move away from a platform that, for me, ultimately wasn’t worth the cost. Now, granted, I found the experience of running TDA pistols valuable and ultimately grew from it, but I actually won’t be moving to something else and will be sticking with Glock. Why? Economics. I’m not made of money and re-buying ALL of that support gear isn’t worth the squeeze.

But that’s for ME right now. You may be different, but I’d be willing to bet not. Do what you want, but it ultimately taught me a very valuable lesson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Berettas. I have an LTT, Langdon M9, and even an inert blue gun.

Wait.

If you're set up with your Glocks and you have the holsters, magazines, and other gear it doesnt make alot of sense to ditch. Dont go through the hassle of a change without knowing the juice is worth the squeeze.

If your at 600ish rounds and your nipping at the heels of Glock performance imagine where you'll be at 1500 or 2000 rounds. Shooting $200 worth of ammo (while you're still improving) to confirm the change is worth it seems wise.

-Cory
    Last edited by Cory; 02-20-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Put me down for wait and shoot more.

Sometimes, a platform switch is needed to achieve higher levels, sometimes you plateau quickly back to the previous result level. You won’t know until you get substantial trigger time. ~700 rounds is barely breaking the ice, in my opinion.

But what I would do is stop splitting your training focus as much. If you think the 92 is helping you skill wise, switch to a 3:1 ratio of Beretta to Glock. Maintain your Glock proficiency, but focus on your Beretta training and drills.

I’d also try to get a class in with the gun or shoot as many matches this season as possible with just the Beretta (take your Glocks as backups). I, honestly, never find my shooting weaknesses until I get into a class or match. I sometimes find hints of them if I start drilling hard for a match, but I find the wall of my skills in classes and matches.

As someone who has spent entirely too much money and time on various platforms over the last 6-7 years (effectively 1 each year) I’d also caution jumping both feet in by selling everything and buying two. Again, I’d run enough rounds and dryfire to keep my primary platform skills up, while I spent 10-12 months shooting and vetting a new system. Then if I had confidence, I’d switch over. Too often, I think we trade too fast when we see what might be non-permanent gains. It’s never worth the hassle, in my experience.

If I followed my own advice, I probably would have only switched platforms once, instead of six times...

I say go for it. I learn the most when I start tilting at windmills and the journey takes me to unexpected places.

How much does the money matter to you? If it REALLY matters, then sell one G45 and get a second Beretta. If you could save up for a second Beretta, I say do that. Odds are that you'll come back to the platform.

What I don't know is whether it's worth selling your 92A1 to get a LTT. Are they really that much better? The most recent B92 I own is from the early 2000s.

Even though I enjoy dallying in other platforms, I still carry a Glock. Factors beyond just shootability suggest the Glock over the competition.

Didn't you just buy those 2 G-45's? Being kinda fickle aren't you?

I keep switching guns and seeing small improvements. I always seem to come back to Glocks. I have several Glocks, an LTT Elite, a CZ Custom CZ75, A CZ P01, a PX4CC and some revolvers.

I wouldn't sell the G-45's. I'd just shoot the B-92 and buy an LTT Elite as well.

We are enablers here.

I have a Beretta 92FS, and a Glopck 19. Prolly never shoot the Glock as well as the Beretta. I haven't had the Glock long, hoping the trigger snooths up, the crunch bothers me. 1911 guns kinda spoiled me I think.

User Tag List